Updating Torghast this Week

No we aren’t going to agree… and if what you say is true about your already beating Heroic CN and doing max mythic+ then it sucks to be you for the time being until new content comes out, try mythic raiding? I don’t personally believe you, but that’s just me and my opinion shouldn’t matter to you. Hell Torghast wasn’t difficult if you had a group of players that weren’t idiots.

Also people keep bringing up, “solo” content… it’s an MMO, not POE or some other solo based game with a “multiple player aspect” as a side thing. Also some classes excelled well past others in Torg, it was a fun concept… poorly done, IMHO. Legendaries will never be what they were, the game isn’t what it was in vanilla where you would grind the raid for however long it took to get the parts for one person to receive the materials or whatever for a single item. The grind isn’t fun for most players… plus, the vast majority of players are casuals who play a couple days a week, so yea the grind isn’t gonna work for the majority of the player-base, that’s why they nerfed it. Then you got players like myself who play daily and still hate that grind through content that is as immensely boring like Torghast. It was cool the first 2-3 times, but it quickly became boring, tedious and challenging for what? Soul Ash… to spend your gold on an item, someone has to make, that is now going to continue to be a chore to upgrade. Grind gold, grind soul ash, purchase new parts… rinse and repeat. The game is already a grind… why do we need everything to be difficult? Sometimes, you just wanna hulk smash everything and go back to doing the fun stuff the game offers.

Imagine being so small-minded and insecure as to think that anyone doing even remotely advanced content nearly a month into an expansion already means they’re basement dwellers, rather than just efficient at what they do - or the fact that with covid no one is going anywhere.

You can’t change present your opinion as fact no matter how much you try to insult people you don’t know.

Remove wing RNG. Been waiting a month for Skoldus to reappear. This is awful gameplay.

1 Like

This. PLEASE.

Those changes don’t make it easier for solo players, those are just tunning to prevent all kinds of players from encountering impossible scenarios at specific circumnstances.
And mostly fixes to make things make more sense, such as “When the EMpowered enemy at the end of a floor is a spellcaster, they should now have a longer delay between their basic magic damage spells” that is just tunning, for it to be more reasonable.

So what specifically is in the next round of improvements to Torghast?

why is this post hidden??

BLIZZ and its shill at work??

1 Like

You’ll have to explain to me how a longer delay between spellcaster casts doesn’t make the game easier for solo players. By definition, if something was impossible before and possible now, it was made easier.

That’s without even touching the blanket health/damage nerf that was applied to Torghast. Solo players don’t need some special adjustment that only applies when the group count is exactly one for Torghast to be easier for them. They’re not competing against the group players.

So now that you’ve “Fixed” Torghast you’re going to finally fix those broken mage talents right?

That was pre nerf. Now I just don’t even go at all.

I dont mind hard. Im just bored of being rushed. My debuff stacks for 6 floors was more than I could heal on my hunter and fight a boss. I dont get the rush me part. Make it hard in the way you pull it is much better, The debuff is not nor will it ever add to fun in torghast

Annnnd its screwed up bad. 35K melee hits from Corrus final boss? Really? I have multiple stacks of almost every anima (65 total), and I get wiped in two hits. Nice goin bliz. You made nme physical damage stack too high. 203 gear btw.

2 Likes

The only issue that I have with Torghast is that it should not be possible for a player to play through all the way to floor 18 just to face a boss that is impossible to kill, in my case it was Kosarus the Fallen, no way for me to get him down. If the previous floors had been harder I would have known that it’s too challenging/just not meant for my current ilvl/gear.

5 Likes

I’ve mentioned this other previous posts. It’s really annoying to breeze through certain floors, just to get to a random elite that one shots you. So there should be some way to know "this run is not going to happen. Better not keep wasting time. "

Soloing needs better tuning imo. Sometimes I just want to kill some mobs on my own, without having to deal with other people. Sometimes I might be in a better mood to go with a group.

2 Likes

Totally relate to this.

Several times I’ve made it to the 18th floor boss, layer 8 of TC - only to find I can’t down that boss. Feels a bit like Vegas and the house is rigged against you.

1 Like

blizz can you please specify what ilvl you should attempt TC as?

its still a broken mess were still waiting on tuning for TC.

Then what we get one item to own/wear/upgrade and can only wear one? Torghast was a waste of developers time for the rewards. You should have spent the dev time on something like class balance which you have never been able to get right.

Will you be continuing to update Torghast in 10.0, possibly bringing it over?