Can you still complete "The Eternal Traveler" quest?

Started it yesterday. Super low drops for the quest item, but they did drop…very… rarely.

1 Like

It should still be completable but the fact that it’s anything other than “Talk to this person, talk to this person” irks my soul.

1 Like

Yes, tried it on my toon that’s gagging through bastion. Nothing happens. So I went to an alt still in BfA.

Great thank u for confirmation. Appreciate it.

I picked it up yesterday and now have 5/40.

I read in old post that the first 4 - 6 drops each day are quick but then falls off to a really low drop chance.

3 Likes

Go to the bridge in Zuldazzar and get your guaranteed drops(4 or 5?) for the day and move on.

1 Like

Yeah you only get like 4 and then it gets really low on the drop rate until the next daily reset.

1 Like

I had four echoes drop while questing in bastion. It apparently works in shadowlands.

1 Like

Yes!

In addition to soul-bearers on mortal worlds, we’re making sure that former-soul-bearers in the Shadowlands drop the pieces that the Eternal Traveler wants. And that will include former-soul-bearers in Shadowlands dungeons and (later) raids.

We’ll note the addition of the Shadowlands drops in our hotfixes update once it’s complete.

13 Likes

Awesome. Thank you for an official response.

maybe after that fix. I got none, but picked them up fairly fast in Zuldazar. The first 4 anyway, after that nada.

Being 100% honest I wasn’t very impressed with the implementation of this quest. I bought the collector’s edition and came back right after 9.0. Used my boost on my old Legion main.

Outside of a couple of echoes dropping during an extremely long and dull blood-gate farm I didn’t really spend much time in Zandalar or Kul Tiras on that character. Was hoping prepatch mobs in Icecrown might have dropped them, no luck. Started playing yesterday and didn’t get any in Bastion, wasn’t impressed.

The quest’s been sitting in my log for a month now and I have 8 echoes. Bah.

I did it in bfa. I had it as an untracked quest. I think it was like a month or 2 before i got it all.

Its not something i would try to farm

There is an eternal Traveler in Oribos, and I noticed I was still collecting Echoes of Mortality today.

I expect I can turn it in once I have collected all the Echoes of Mortality that I need. I waited for Shadowlands to start the quest.

My brother just completed that quest yesterday. He had to ask me where the NPC was at. I tried to tell him to click on that Mount… LOL! It should still work … Good Luck!

1 Like

Can confirm this still works. I just did this using someone of the opposing faction’s mount while they were afking at a flight point.

It still works. I didn’t start it until I started Shadowlands and I’m at 36/40 from just playing through the campaign and side/world quests.

how do you turn in this quest if you don’t have the mount?

Find someone else with the mount and click the back thingy on it

I just finished it the other day, just ask someone with the mount to summon the npc for you.