71 and need advice

Coming back after 5 months and I’m 71. Been playing for 12 or 13 years. My favorite has always been a balance druid and have always played Alliance. I play solo most of the time or just join in groups. With Shadowlands coming I want to play a new charactor. Thinking Hunter but would love some advice for the person who plays solo most of the time.

Either of the pet classes are great for solo play. Hunter or Warlock both offer you a lot of ways to deal with situations out in the world with the advantage of having a pet to tank for you. Frost Mage is another viable option in my opinion as it has a lot of control and aoe damage that can prove to be a lot of fun in solo content as well.

If you think a melee class might interest you, Ret Pally has a ton of self sustain in the form of healing and defensive abilities. WW Monk, while being a bit squishy being a leather wearing class, has good damage, decent defensives and self healing. It’s main defense is it’s mobility though. You will never find a situation that a monk cannot escape from if things get too dicey.

And finally, on the tank front, Blood DK and Prot Pally are both very good options for solo, self sustain styles of play. They have massive self healing and good aoe in order to slowly chisel your way through whatever you fight.

71 here as well.

Both BM hunter and warlock are very viable solo classes. I would give the edge to warlocks at this point in time. Most like Affliction/demonology for locks but I’m having a great time with Destro just burning through content. I’ll probably use one of my boosts for a destro lock.

Balance druids are a little funky this expansion so far. They need some work.

Outlaw rogues are in a good spot and I find them fun to play.

I also play a couple of Frost mages. They really don’t come into their own until they get their armor spell at 21. I haven’t died on them before 21 but have had to be careful with adds and eat more than usual.
Their ability to portal all over the place saves a lot of travel time which offsets the eating time.

Thank you and will definately look into these…again thanks.