Draught of the 10 Lands

Do these still work?

If so, do they stack with WM, Anniv, and DMF buffs?

2 Likes

Nah they don’t give xp buff anymore

1 Like

no u have 2 hack , if u wanna get xp on ten land

2 Likes

Draught of 10 bans, more like.

2 Likes

Boo, thanks :slightly_frowning_face:

“There are a few other experience bonus items that will also see changes due to the new leveling experience. Monks Peak of Serenity Enlightenment buff will be changed to granting rested experience and Elixir of Ancient Knowledge, Elixir of the Rapid Mind, and Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning will become Poor quality and no longer usable. The Draught of Ten Lands will still retain the 10% experience bonus but will now be capped at level 50.”

per blue post by Linxy on 5 August

5 Likes

As Aendral pointed out, the potion still works. A person I know is using it to level so ya I can confirm it still works, just capped at 50.

1 Like

Ten lands, faire buff and anniv buff all stack.

Took a new priest to level 30 in a few hours last night.

1 Like

Hello. I just wanted to highlight the answer to this question for leveling in Shadowlands.

The effects provided by the Draught of Ten Lands have been disabled for characters who are at level 50 or higher. We do not intend for there to be any exceptions to that.

The draught will still provide its expected effects to player-characters at level 49 and below.

26 Likes

boooo bad decision.

4 Likes

Fun detected. Fun eliminated.

10 Likes

This is ridiculous. Not what Kaivax said, he’s spot on. Rather it’s silly that players are griping about this. Such a restriction should be expected. Not that any of you will, but consider the scenario from a Game Development perspective. Blizzard’s employees have just completed work on a brand new expansion.

They worked a study of years on it, and you as players are essentially asking for a free boost. You want it simply so that you can power through the content as fast as you can, and thus disregard the hard work they have put into the game.

Allowing something like that seems a far worse thing. Frankly, I’d of made the grind from 50-60 take the time it took in Classic were it my call. You know why? Because it’s better for players to play the game and learn the story. Otherwise why are you even playing? What is your goal in making 60 on day one?

So you can sit in Oribos at level 60 with nothing to do and rip into Blizzard about time-gates, there being nothing to do, lazy devs and all the other ridiculous tripe you people usually regurgitate on the forums? It should be a given expectation, that the Flask of Ten Lands would NOT be usable from 51 to 60, as it makes no sense from a development stand-point.

This is not about fun detected, fun eliminated. It’s about people wanting to not put in the effort for level 60 and demanding it to be handed to you, then somehow calling Blizzard the bad guy for it.

27 Likes

Lol? They really don’t let many experience buffs continue past their expansion. Only one I can really think of is the 300% experience potion from MoP which was a lot more niche given its short duration and not from a vendor.

4 Likes

“what do you mean I can’t get an extra %10 experience while playing brand new content?!”

4 Likes

There are people on beta already leveling 50-60 in under 6 hours. That is already quite fast on top of the revamp making leveling very quick. I guess people still just want that insta click to max level button lol

6 Likes

So that I can spend more time on the forums complaining about how bored I am.

(Fan of these changes though :grin:)

1 Like

Good lord… I guess your salty butt will have to kill 3 more mobs to make up the difference then

2 Likes

This is fine.

Lol, what?

Don’t you need to grind out the currency for the potion? Don’t you still need to go do the quests?

What exactly is being “handed” to you?

2 Likes

People play this game at whatever pace suits them. If they want to disregard the hard work, that’s their choice, whether fast or slow. There’s always other people who’s are gonna look at their work. And there’s always gonna be people who just doesn’t care.

What if they want to play the game and not learn the story? Not everybody is gonna take WoW’s story in interest.

Also what are you trying to imply here by saying “to play the game and learn the story”? are you implying that it’s not enough to play the game, you have to learn the story as well in order to be considered “playing the game”?

Also, how is it better for players exactly? Like are you trying to mean it in an objective sense as in “a lot of people will subjectively like this if they learn more about it” or are you subjectively speaking here?

Because people can play MMORPG’s, including WoW for any reason that suits them and it’s more then just story. Just because you dislike the fact that people can play WoW for anything else but the story, doesn’t mean their choices has to be restricted, or their not playing it properly.

So what if somebody wants to skip the story? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well that is up to the person to decide what goal to make.

What is your goal in making 60 in general?

Yes, it’s stupid, because there’s always something to do in WoW, but if that’s what they want to do, then so be it. You can just ignore it.

Fun is subjective.

Not everybody is gonna find the Classic length leveling up enjoyable. As much theirs people who didn’t find Retail’s leveling up length enjoyable either.

7 Likes