Naxxramas Raid Testing – October 15

Tomorrow, Thursday, October 15, we will be begin our raid tests in Naxxramas, starting with the Military Quarter.

2:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. EDT) to 6:00 p.m. PDT (9:00 p.m. EDT)

Available Bosses:

• Instructor Razuvious
  • Gothik the Harvester
  • The Four Horsemen

Known Issues:

• Gothik the Harvester’s encounter may fail to clean up properly after a wipe.

This testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
A: To facilitate and expedite testing, there is an NPC named Johnny McWeaksauce that has taken up temporary residence at Light’s Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands. He will provide players with Naxxramas attunement and instant teleportation into the Naxxramas raid. Johnny’s brother Jimmy, can be found within the raid and will provide access to consumables and reagents.

Q: Can I test with less than a full, content-ready raid group?
A: There will be a zone aura present within the raid that will provide players with a significant health and damage boost to help them overcome the challenges of Naxxramas. The intent of these raid tests is not to provide a challenge that perfectly matches what we expect players to experience when the raid goes live. The intent is to exercise boss mechanics and give us additional confidence that the raid encounters are behaving as expected. The hope is that even if you cannot muster a full 40-person raid to test with, or wish to form a pick-up-group on the PTR, you can still participate and make considerable progress within the dungeon if you so desire.

Please use the in-game bug reporter to send us any bug reports or issues that you encounter while playtesting on the PTR. We appreciate you taking the time to test this content, and we look forward to your feedback.

13 Likes

Awesome, thanks! :smiley:

Sick!

Love me some Johnny McWeakSauce

Is an aura really necessary for 16 year old content when the original Naxxramas PTR had no such aura?

3 Likes

They want a hard mechanic test and if its 5-10% its not a big deal. For Raz its likely not saving you from his shout.

On Gothic is likely not stopping you getting overrun from too much aoe dmg.

On 4 horse its likely not allowing you to cheese any of the marks or meteor.

Is an aura really necessary for 16 year old content when the original Naxxramas PTR had no such aura?

Here is your answer.

2 Likes

Even if it did save you from those it hardly matters. They just want to make sure there’s no game breaking bugs.

Testing Naxx already? Wow.

1 Like

How do I access the PTR? It isn’t showing up on my Battle Net app.

Pretty sure you have to go into your blizzard account on the web and click a check box somewhere for testing access.

1 Like

reading is hard.

2 Likes

Apparently knowing history is hard too when the actual original Naxxramas PTR when this content was actually brand new never had a spoon feeding buff.

Yes I’m sure this needs more testing now than it did back then right… lol

But I want to test content that I’ll be farming for months just like it’ll be when I farm it for months.

Blizzard isn’t trying to test the difficulty of the raid, they want as many people as possible in it finding bugs. Not hard to figure out.

2 Likes

way to completely miss the point

2 Likes

If Blizzard just wants to simulate what things will be like if people have world buffs without making them actually stack world buffs then that’s fine I guess I already know multiple guilds are going to clear it on the PTR anyways. Hence asking about its necessity.

If you even read the post, they want participation more than anything, and it’s unlikely a lot of pugs will fill a full 40 players. They are expecting most groups to be undermanned. Furthermore, BECAUSE it’s old content, far less are going to be in there to see it. outside of speedrunners/tryhards it’s not like people are going to flock to ptr to see something new. They know what’s in naxx.

So again, the point is participation will be much lower and the buff offsets it.
Also, yes, it does need more testing then back then. The 8.x client is still effectively emulating reference 1.12 code and any type of mimicing needs to be tested.

Aq40 was sort of a blind run and it had two bugged bosses. Naxx has a lot more mechanics and room for errors and maybe they don’t want to ruin peoples first run (especially those competing for speed) with naxx release.

9 Likes

If they want to simulate full world buffed conditions everyone will need a 30% HP buff and 100% damage buff, not just “5-10%”.

Kinda sad. The private servers that disabled world buffs for Naxxramas release will get closer to an authentic 2006 experience than the actual Blizzard made product.

4 Likes

That’s a very valid point too I didn’t consider in my post, as well.

1 Like

I said 5-10% as I have no idea what the buff will actually do. I kinda assumed they’d use like LFR values or something but it could be way different.