Gladiator Title?

So yesterday I noticed that my Gladiator title was available to all of my characters. However today I log in and see that it has been removed from all my characters EXCEPT for the character that I actually obtained gladiator on (A few seasons ago). So my question is, will Gladiator title no longer be account wide but remain a permanent Title on the character that achieved it? This is what seems to be the case now. Thanks

Yes, and there were changes made to Gladiator titles and mounts over the course of the Shadowlands Beta, so we’d like to clarify our intentions.

• Each season, the “Adjective Gladiator” title (e.g. Sinister Gladiator or Corrupted Gladiator) is awarded to characters that end the season in the top 0.1% of the 3v3 Arena ladder. This title is permanent and character specific, and includes legacy “Rank 1” titles which were earned under the old Battlegroup system.
  • The “Gladiator” title is awarded to characters that win 50 3v3 games while at the Elite Rank. This title is seasonal – it is available for the duration of the season in which it is earned, and it is character specific.
  • The Gladiator mount (e.g. the Corrupted Gladiator’s Proto-Drake) is awarded under the same circumstances as the “Gladiator” title and is available to all characters on that account permanently.

Going into Shadowlands, the availability of the mount is the only change here. Any other change related to the above rewards is a bug that will be quickly fixed.

We apologize for the confusion.

7 Likes

What was this about in the patch notes then? You guys just state one thing in the patch notes then take it back? It clearly says All Gladiator mounts and titles

I mean it worked how the patch notes stated all the way through in the PTR and all yesterday ?

21 Likes

Seriously why are they reverting this change was looking forward to this

4 Likes

Thank you @Kaivax for the response. This is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

This is also incorrect, you agreed with him but in fact it is not true tht Gladiator title is available to characters who have earned it in seasons past.

1 Like

I was about to say the same thing.

As of this morning it isn’t available anymore. They hotfixed it live removing the titles first from alts, then from all characters including characters that actually got gladiator. The titles are all gone now.

Yeah def feels like they backtracked on this at the last minute, considering how the title was acc-wide on beta/ptr the entire time.

Maybe account wide is too much but same-class or same-char perma glad title is a reasonable compromise imo. People still refer to themselves/others as glads even if not in current season-if the title is de facto irl than might as well make it in-game too

2 Likes

Could you nice people at Blizzard please make Lord/Lady of War account wide already?

4 Likes

Any words if the Sinful Gladiator’s Soul Eater is available for 50 3v3 games at 2400 (Gladiator) or is it a exclusive mount to rank 1 in SL?

The requirement for the mount shows:

Sinful Gladiator: Shadowlands Season 1

It’s the gladiator mount so it’ll be 50 wins at 2400 in Season 1. Their clarification on titles means they’re not changing how titles/mounts work (except to make mounts account wide) going into shadowlands.

It literally shows:

Sinful Gladiator: Shadowlands Season 1

In all other Seasons it always was

Gladiator: Season x of expansion.

Sinful Gladiator Achievement is the rank 1 title.

Yeah I’m aware. It’s not a rank 1 mount, you can relax. Looking at the state of beta a bug as relatively minor as this shouldn’t surprise anyone.

I guess you work for Blizzard then to know it.

I’m relaxed either way just wondering with which task people have to go to get it, nothing more.

Just stating the obvious. There has never been a R1 specific mount, and they just clarified they’re keeping the titles the same. They’re not going to award a title with no mount for gladiator. It’s also similar to the M+ mount. So yeah I don’t need to work for Blizzard, just use a little bit of common sense. But I guess you can wait and see for yourself in a few weeks or months since you don’t believe me ¯_(ツ)_/¯

it’s also never been worded like this

it’s been worded sinful gladiator: for the last 6 months

“its a bug haha” was realistic 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 months ago but it’s getting awfully close to not being just a bug haha

literally 0 reason to flame someone for wanting clarification
it should be super easy to clarify if it’s unintended

post on your duelist monk next time

this

it’s basically so unclear what blizzards intentions have been with gladiator this past expansion

it wouldn’t be surprising if the massive amount of backlash associated with 2400 gladiator and corrupted gladiator specifically caused them to move the mount up a bracket

1 Like

The obvious as it stands now is that it is rewarded for being rank 1 as the requirement is the rank 1 title.

It never has been worded like this and with the changes to mounts and gladiator it is a possiblity they moved the mount to rank 1 for more prestige.

Except there is literally a blue post in this thread saying their intention is for the mount to be granted by winning 50 games at Elite Rank aka earning Gladiator title

1 Like

according to the patch notes it was also their intention for titles to be account wide, and look where we are now.

4 Likes