Realm Connections -- September 17-18

During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PDT on September 17, the following realm connections will be made:

• Hydraxis and Terenas will be connected to Drak’thul, Mok’Nathal, Silvermoon, Skywall, Shadowsong, and Borean Tundra.
  • Darrowmere and Windrunner will be connected to Draka and Suramar.
  • Ghostlands and Kael’thas will be connected to Grizzly Hills, Lothar, Malfurion, Trollbane, and Gnomeregan.
  • Black Dragonflight, Gul’dan, and Skullcrusher will be connected to Andorhal, Eonar, Velen, Scilla, Ursin, and Zuluhed.
  • Exodar and Medivh will be connected to Alleria and Khadgar.

During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 3:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. AEST on September 18, the following realm connection will be made:

• Aman’thul will be connected to Dath’Remar and Khaz’goroth.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post a new notification like this one next week.

22 Likes

Was wondering if Draka would be getting anything. We can use the fresh blood.

4 Likes

About time, although I’m surprised this wasn’t winterhoof/kilrogg as we’re sharded with them all the time.

3 Likes

Just curious, have you fixed the bug that destroys mythic lockouts, or does my guild lose a 4th week of CE attempts before pre patch? Blizz really couldnt delay this like 3 weeks to give guilds on these servers a chance eh?

The issue lies when we have a lockout from tuesday, then get merged, we are still saved to pre merge lockout and cannot even start another one. This is getting pretty ridiculous for the scilla realm.

I hope Blizzard doesn’t forget Brasilian and Latin American realms.

3 Likes

Come on Blizz… connect someone to Moon Guard! Or WRA!

Im still really interested if Blizzard has a better answer for the broken lockouts than “Ooops sorry, we cant fix them better luck next week” <- answer we got last time scilla was merged and we lost our 11/12M progress lockout.

Umm. Gnomeregan and Moonrunner just got merged and have been sitting at high pop - are we going to see queues come Shadowlands :rage:

And still nothing regarding Ravencrest / Uldaman!?

No you won’t the login queue is per “named” realm not per the connection.

1 Like

So Blizzard, do we skip raid night on Tuesday so we can still play the game on Thursday? Or will this merge not break lockouts?

2 Likes

Nothing got merged. That’s not what a connection is.

Your queue times are not going to be affected.

Ok pedantic police

Our realm was merged to see other realms locally. In a sense we were merged at the trade and auction houses :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My concern still stands though… we have not seen this much joining of realms in the past. Will it spell doom come launch?

2 Likes

That’s not being “pedantic.” There is a huge difference between mergers and connections.

And my point still stands. Your queue times won’t be affected.

2 Likes

I hope this is not the last connection planned for the Eonar connected realms. This newly planned connection has absolutely no impact on alliance side population. There is not even one 12/12H guild in the Skullcrusher connected group.

8 Likes

Queue Times are cool and all, but does blizzard have a solution for the connections breaking mythic raid lockouts? Would be cool if we could even get a hint to avoid losing our progress mid week again!

The last merge brought literally nothing Alliance side to Scilla,Ursin,Zuluhed,Andorhal. It brought over some big horde guilds,

Now we have even MORE CE Guilds coming over from the horde, looks like blizz is fishing for faction transfers.

6 Likes

No, it won’t

1 Like

There is no way to delay this connection until, lets say, pre patch, when servers are going to be down for hours already? To avoid completely ruining the chances of guilds that are close to CE?

Would be cool, ya know.

3 Likes

Ooh, I was wondering if we’d get a connection :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully this will fix our AH up a little bit.

Rip our mythic nzoth lockout lmao