Realm Connections -- September 2-3

During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 3:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. AEST on Wednesday, September 2 (10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday, September 1), the following realm connection will be made:

• The Dreadmaul and Thaurissan realms will join the Frostmourne realm.

During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PDT on Thursday, September 3, the following realm connections will be made:

• The Cenarion Circle and Sisters of Elune realms will join the Blackwater Raiders and Shadow Council realms.
  • The Muradin and Nordrassil realms will join the Azjol-Nerub, Blackrock, and Khaz Modan realms.
  • The Gnomeregan and Moonrunner realms will join the Grizzly Hills, Lothar, Malfurion, and Trollbane realms.
  • The Andorhal, Scilla, Ursin, and Zuluhed realms will join the Eonar and Velen realms.
  • The Eredar, Gorefiend, Spinebreaker, and Wildhammer realms will join the Hellscream and Zangarmarsh realms.
  • The Blade’s Edge and Thunderhorn realms will join Agamaggan, Archimonde, Burning Legion, Jaedenar, Kargath, Norgannon, and The Underbog.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post further notifications like this one in the coming weeks.

Thank you!

10 Likes

hopefully shadowsong/borean tundra next! please ! :persevere:

Really? Frostmourne? Frostmourne already has queues at every expansion launch, as one of the single largest servers in US/OCE, and right before a brand new expansion you’re really going to merge TWO other realms into it? Really???

I’m glad that’s my alt realm so it’s not really going to affect me all that much, but Jesus that’s dumb.

6 Likes

Hyjal alliance still waiting . . .

2 Likes

I think Thaurissan/Dreadmaul would have been better off connected to Barthilas… Connecting a very small horde realm to the largest Alliance realm in the game isn’t going to help the community on those two realms. On top of that Frostmourne experiences queue times at the start of an xpac.

4 Likes

not sure why you’re moving a barely horde server that’s thaur/dread to a heavy alliance server that’s frosty. Would it be better to move them to barth instead?

3 Likes

Any reason you keep merging dead realms to Burning Legion instead of us to a populated realm? Being the top guild of a bunch of dead servers isn’t really all that great.

1 Like

Servers are being merged across legacy battlegroups and across time zones.

Another forum theory bites the dust.

2 Likes

Please, address Brazilians realms issue. We need to merge all others BR realms (Goldrinn, Nemesis, Gallyix) with Azralon ASAP. Brazilian alliance players are mass migrating to Stormrage-US.

13 Likes

So I was bored and made a list off of raiderio so people can actually visualize what the issue is when we’re talking about low pop servers.

Disclaimer : I am fully aware that Raiderio doesn’t track characters that have never raided above Normal or completed a M+ dungeon in time - however, the numbers can’t be that far off unless we’re looking at some unique servers like maybe RP servers with many players who only logs in to RP all day and do nothing else.

1. Area 52 / 290k+
  2. Stormrage / 288k+
  3. Tichondrius / 252k+
  4. Illidan / 250k+
  5. Sargeras / 192k+
  6. Dalaran / 192k+
  7. Thrall / 188k+
  8. Zul’jin / 183k+
  9. Ragnaros (LA) / 177k+
  10. Proudmoore / 175k+
  11. Quel’Thalas (LA) / 166k+
  12. Wyrmrest Accord (RP) / 166k+
  13. Moon Guard (RP) / 164k+
  14. Frostmourne (OCE) / 158k+
  15. Azralon (BR) / 145k+
  16. Mal’Ganis / 130k+
  17. Aegwynn + 5 / 126k+
  18. Emerald Dream (RP) / 117k+
  19. Bleeding Hollow / 105k+
  20. Barthilas (OCE) / 99k+
  21. Azgalor + 6 / 94k+
  22. Kel’Thuzad / 90k+
  23. Bloodscalp + 6 / 86k+
  24. Drak’Tharon + 7 / 82k+
  25. Cairne + 3 / 78k+
  26. Hyjal / 76k+
  27. Caelestrasz + Nagrand (OCE) / 76k+
  28. Grizzly Hills + 3 / 76k+
  29. Kil’Jaeden / 72k+
  30. Drak’thul + 3 / 68k+
  31. Akama + 6 / 66k+
  32. Dath’Remar + Khaz’goroth (OCE) / 66k+
  33. Lightbringer / 65k+
  34. Azuremyst + 3 / 64k+
  35. Nemesis + Tol Barad (BR) / 62k+
  36. Dentarg + Whisperwind / 60k+
  37. Azjol-Nerub + 2 / 56k+
  38. Aggramar + Fizzcrank / 55k+
  39. Darkspear / 55k+
  40. Aerie Peak / 54k+
  41. Arthas / 50k+
  42. Durotan + Ysera / 47k+
  43. Farstriders + 2 (RP) / 46k+
  44. Tyralyon / 45k+
  45. Garona + 2 / 44k+
  46. Goldrinn (BR) / 42k+
  47. Bloodhoof + Duskwood / 41k+
  48. Blackhand + Galakrond / 41k+
  49. Lightninghoof + 4 (RP) / 41k+
  50. Baelgun + Doomhammer / 40k+
  51. Stormreaver / 40k+
  52. Alleria + Khadgar / 40k+
  53. Nazgrel + 2 / 39k+
  54. Hellscream + Zangarmarsh / 39k+
  55. Saurfang (OCE) / 39k+
  56. Alexstrasza + Terokkar / 38k+
  57. Ravencrest + Uldaman / 38k+
  58. Drakkari (LA) / 38k+
  59. Runetotem + Uther / 37k+
  60. Bladefist + Kul Tiras / 37k+
  61. Elune + Gilneas / 37k+
  62. Draenor + Echo Isles / 36k+
  63. Draka + Suramar / 36k+
  64. Feathermoon + Scarlet Crusade (RP) / 35k+
  65. Kirin Tor + 2 (RP) / 35k+
  66. Greymane + Tanaris / 35k+
  67. Kilrogg + Winterhoof / 35k+
  68. Eitrigg + Shu’halo / 35k+
  69. Agamaggan + 6 / 35k+
  70. Blade’s Edge + Thunderhorn / 35k+
  71. Exodar + Medivh / 34k+
  72. Argent Dawn + The Scryers (RP) / 34k+
  73. Misha + Rexxar / 34k+
  74. Altar of Storms + 3 / 34k+
  75. Arygos + Llane / 34k+
  76. Dragonblight + Fenris / 34k+
  77. Eonar + Velen / 33k+
  78. Bronzebeard + Shandris / 33k+
  79. Ghostlands + Kael’thas / 33k
  80. Borean Tundra + Shadowsong / 32k+
  81. Eredar + 3 / 32k+
  82. Aman’Thul (OCE) / 32k+
  83. Deathwing + 3 / 32k+
  84. Anub’arak + 7 / 32k+
  85. Darrowmere + Windrunner / 32k+
  86. Coilfang + 4 / 31k+
  87. Cenarion Circle + Sisters of Elune (RP) / 31k+
  88. Frostmane + 2 / 31k+
  89. Alterac Mountains + 6 / 31k+
  90. Blackwing Lair + 5 / 30k+
  91. Burning Blade + 2 / 30k+
  92. Hydraxis + Terenas / 30k+
  93. Earthen Ring (RP) / 30k+
  94. Gnomeregan + Moonrunner / 29k+
  95. Muradin + Nordrassil / 29k+
  96. Blackwater Raiders + Shadow Council (RP) / 29k+
  97. Auchindoun + 2 / 28k+
  98. Black Dragonflight + 2 / 28k+
  99. Gallywix (BR) / 25k+
  100. Gundrak + Jubei’Thos (OCE) / 25k+
  101. Andorhal + 3 / 24k+
  102. Dreadmaul + Thaurissan (OCE) / 20k+

I would argue that any realm / realm cluster that has less than 40k are in need of help. Which means all the servers below #53.

Server clusters this small cannot sustain decent progression raiding, and that leads to the server cluster essentially being dead.

Edit to add that this list doesn’t show the issue that some servers that are above #52 has, with one faction being heavily populated while the other faction being pretty much dead - so there’s still a lot to “fix”, even with the servers that are above 40k+.

13 Likes

Frostmourne is the Oceanic realm you address? Really? Can you please do something with the dead world that is Aman’thul? Connect us to Saurfang or something for the love of Azeroth.

1 Like

I think you severely underestimate just how dead Dreadmaul and Thaurissan are…
Imo they should merge DM to Barthilas instead since Frostmourne is full of AA and DM is a very small horde realm.

1 Like

I’m actually surprise on that move. I dont think frosty needs help at all. What’s more help by moving a handful of hordes to a alliance heavy server.

They’re just trying to make the dead realms less dead, not help Frostmourne. Is Dreadmaul/Thaurissan majority Horde? Regardless - after this, Jubei’thos/Gundrak will be the last connected realms that are dead, so I predict that they will be connected to Barthilas (Jubei/Gundrak being Horde dominated).

probably but dread/thaur is a mainly horde server. Would be a smarter move to connect them to barth

What logic was applied when deciding to merge Thaurrisan/Dreadmaul - two predominantly horde servers with the largest alliance oceanic server? How would that help the players in those smaller servers? Do they not matter? Please read these comments. We would greatly appreciate if you would take in the feedback and change them to a server like Barthilas instead

2 Likes

kirin tor is still waiting too.

As others have pointed out, please consider Barthilas as the landing destination for Dreadmaul/Thaurissan as opposed to Frostmourne. The population of Dreadmaul/Thaurissan is largely Horde so Barthilas would seem a more logical choice.

So Frostmourne’s population is bolstered at the expense of the primarily Horde servers being joined to them? Sure, Dreadmaul and Thaurissan will have more lively Auction Houses, but there’ll be no significant increase in Horde numbers, not to mention Frostmourne is already full.

But more importantly, the ghost town that is Aman’Thul was passed over yet again? For the love of whatever you hold dear, please link Aman’Thul to Barthilas. To be frank, I’d even take the merging of Aman’Thul, Saurfang, Gundrak, Jubei’Thos, Dreadmaul and Thaurissan into some kind of mega-cluster. Anything is better than the atrocious population Aman’Thul has now.

1 Like