Engineer’s Workshop: Developing for Mobile and PC

Engineer’s Workshop: Developing for Mobile and PC

We pull back the curtain on developing simultaneously for Mobile and PC support for Shadowlands Adventures feature in our latest Engineer’s Workshop.

View Full Article

2 Likes

So much effort put into things no one asked for. Why can’t you put these resources into improving the core game and creating in game content? Or improving the UI?

19 Likes

I mean, interesting, I suppose. But I’m just curious to know if these releases are substituting for actual interaction with the community. The Q&As are MIA. Blue posts aren’t even using their own names and we’re getting a generic account.

I miss the engagement, although I cannot wholly blame those who made the decision to rein it back.

2 Likes

Cool I guess.

Never was a fan of auto battle games though.

I mean can you blame them when you’re dealing with such a vitriolic community? I thought the article was pretty interesting, and I hope we get to see more articles about the development process of various features.

One that I’d especially like to see is how they build character models.

4 Likes

You hit that nail perfectly… who wants this?

How do I get garrison commander for my phone so I can skip it on the phone too?

Mission tables are yawn.

Take those same resources and give us more dungeons and raids?

4 Likes

Mobile sick! Can’t wait to play this alongside Diablo Immortal thank you so much blizzard for truly understanding what your player base clearly wants.

7 Likes

We did get one of those back in WoD. :grin:

1 Like

Who is the target audience for such things? Curious. :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_man: :thinking:

2 Likes

To appease the engagement analysts hired by corporate to keep the product “present” in the lives of the consumers when they’re in situations that do not allow them to engage with it directly?

2 Likes

Well…if they are going to do that at least make it fun right? Right?

:scream:

1 Like

Ehh, at least i can install it on my desktop, so that’s neat. :slight_smile:

:point_down:

Adventures is a feature that is a natural fit for the WoW Companion App and developing the feature simultaneously for both mobile and PC platforms allowed a close cooperative working environment between systems and user interface (UI) design, as well as providing a singular UI vision for both platforms.

:grin:

Make the “adventures” worth doing. 16g reward for an adventure= i wont give a crap about it. Make it give good rewards. I currently see no reason to ever touch it, much like BFA’s mission table

2 Likes

I guess rep/paragon boxes are ues less as well, I mean who needs 4-5k gold a pop? smh

In the time it takes to fully clear a World quest map, i can make over 20k gold by running older raids. So no, paragons don’t offer anything worthwhile to me in terms of gold.

And don’t tell me “weekly lockout”. I have plenity of 120s to run them on. Not only that, but mission tables gives so little rep that its not worth doing period.

Interesting, you mentioned mission table, how does that work in to

WoD and legion mission tables gave:
1_items to run dungeons and get rewards, ditto for raid.
2_actually good gold rewards(agree it was a bit too much, but 200g is so low its the exact opposite).
3_toys and mounts
4_heirlooms.

1 Like

I have plenty of alts too, 15 120’s I run raids on them all too, but flipping mission table on 15 alts takes whole 10 mins, that rep adds up. I get paragon box on at least 3-5 of my alts per week just wasting 10 mins flipping mission table along with emissaries

You forgot Mark of Honors from Legion tables, buy them old pvp gems that twinks love, which go for 1.5k each on my server.

Only WoD missions I do for the tailoring work orders to make hexweave cloth, which I make / sell hexweave bags

Adventures give Anima, and you WILL be short on Anima in Shadowlands.