WoW Forum Maintenance -- August 17

On Monday, August 17, the World of Warcraft forums will be taken offline for maintenance and updates, starting at 6:00 a.m. PDT (9:00 a.m. EDT).

For about two hours, the WoW forums will be in read-only mode. During this time, you may be logged out, and you may have to log back into your forum account thereafter.

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

I’m usually not this early so I don’t know what to say.

2 Likes

Please give us any update of unlocking transfer too

Will the 30 instance lockout limit be removed at this time as well?

1 Like

Why would a FORUM update impact the game?

Will there be any sort of documentation or notes regarding the Forum changes? Any major feature updates? I was rather pleased when we finally got Ignore. I just wish those kinds of things were actually shared with forum goers.

Because it is my belief that WoW Classic customers would feel better served by Blizzard if funding/man hours were put towards reverting the 30 limit than changing the forums to provide additional censorship/selective ignorance tools.

1 Like

Do you really want the Community Managers and the Website Team mucking with the game code? The WoW Dev teams are totally separate.

Updates to the forms have no impact on the game, decisions about the game, or updates to the game.

1 Like

This is key.

You should create a separate thread, with this suggestion as the topic. Your suggestion won’t be noticed in this thread. Nobody at Blizzard looks for player suggestions about game rules, in forum announcement posts.

Note: I severely doubt that funding or man-hours are an issue. The rules were changed. There is no plan to reverse that decision. It is not a plan waiting for resources.

If you want Blizzard to change their recent decision, you should list some reasons. No reasons to change it? No changes.