5k pvp achievement should award a title

/thread

I’d also be down for a mount, I think the dedication that 5000 wins takes is deserving of one

I nominate:
https ://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/thunderingivorycloudserpent.php
drools

Signed for idea to include a title reward for 5k pet PVP wins. Or even a hefty chunk of Pet Charms. Or maybe a neat cosmetic with a unique animation that you can transmog (other than tabard).

I’m against adding mounts/pets to pet PVP as rewards IF the level requirement is too high. If the requirement is lower/earlier on, it might work. Since pets and mounts themselves encompass more than just battling/pet PVP, they should be reasonably attainable by everyone. No, not a freeby or hand-me-out, as you’d still need to participate to earn it. But no where near the ridiculousness that is 5k wins or 400 Honor (normal PVP), for example.

Slightly off topic: I’m ok with mix and matching rewards and the content, but I wish Blizzard would take a better look at the target audience. IMO setting a lower requirement for a reward could potentially attract more to an aspect of a game, and have a higher chance of retaining a newer audience, vs. the reward being attainable much later on and seems out of reach unless you already actively participate/enjoy the content.

Example: There were a lot of collectors doing PVP, despite not enjoying that content, just for the lower rank pets. Maybe some of those found that they actually enjoy PVP and have stuck with it, who knows. Many of those same collectors aren’t even bothering for the 400 Honor pets. The carrot at the end of the stick isn’t enticing if you can’t even see it.

4 Likes

To sort of piggyback off of Q’s idea, I’m all in favor of less daunting PVP tasks. One in particular I’d love to see is a change towards achievements requiring you to defeat X amount of pets as opposed to X amount of wins.

1 Like

Back to the OP - how about “Leader of the Pack”.

And see I think that achievement should just be removed because it promotes toxic gameplay. That achievement, more than any other, has created the situation where the player is virtually coerced into finding that absolute most OP team they can and then grinding the heck out of other people. Pet battle pvp achievements (if you’re going to have them) should be more like the pve ones - encouraging people to try outside-the-box thinking. At the very least not using the same 5 or 6 OP pets over and over and over again.

3 Likes

completely disagree with this
first, it’s an optional achievement, no one is forcing anyone to do it. don’t chase it if it’s not for you, but leave it for people who do want it.

second, if you’re aiming for it, you can do it whichever way you want to do it. I have seen numerous people on the forums here on their 5k quest asking for random team suggestions to spice it up. 5k is such a long grind, a few losses from playing oddball comps don’t really make a significant difference but can keep you from burning out

third, if you are looking for the most efficient team, then these extreme achievements actually encourage you to try new builds, breeds and comps, to squeeze out that 5% higher winrate.

1 Like

There’s another kind?

None of them are required for anything. The only exception you could claim is for Achvs that have an reward-- which doesn’t apply here since the 5k Achv has a reward associated with it.

1 Like

I think the point went a little over your head…

even when there’s a reward tied to an achievement, it’s optional content

there is nothing wrong with leaving something you don’t want to do alone if it doesn’t hamper your progression

asking to have achievements removed because an individual doesnt like it is silly

1 Like

I don’t think anyone asked for it be REMOVED though. (and if I missed that, I disagree with it. It doesn’t need REMOVED, it’s needs tweaked)

There is discussion about how it’s generally an overwhelmingly RIDICULOUS grind. And before you defend that (which I’m sure you would), the point of that observation is that it’s not FUN.

It’s getting tiresome there is this endless defense of things that aren’t fun … in this GAME.

The 5k Achv could certainly use some tweaking. I don’t think an Achv that takes 3+ YEARS to complete fits in WoW. It belongs in a Korean MMO.

then try to read the first sentence of the person I replied to?

as the rest of your post:

then don’t do it?
again, no one is making you do it

if you don’t find it fun, just leave it be

And as I expected, your defense is “there is obnoxious garbage in this game, and if you don’t like it, don’t do it.”

It’s possibly the weakest response to discussions of this kind. The point isn’t “if you don’t like it, don’t do it.” The point is “can it be made BETTER while still retaining to purpose of the Achv.”

Because, again, it doesn’t fit the paradigm of WoW. Nothing about WoW is built on “this will take you 3+ years to complete.” There are Korean MMOs for this kind of “waste your life on a game” dynamics. WoW became the #1 MMO by breaking that mold. You want to include it in WoW… why?

wow is literally one big grind though
you must be new if you think otherwise, even though no grinds have been as excessive as this one but wow has always revolved around moving on from one grind to the next
for example, you think getting 1000 pets can be done in a week?

either way, my defense is fine
why don’t you tell me first why it is 100% necessary for you to have the achievement? because all I’m hearing is that you want something to be done about an achievement that offers literally nothing but 10 points, and that it’s an absolute problem…

just learn to let things go if they’re not for you, there’s nothing wrong with a few achievements that are actually deserving of the word ‘achievement’, in contrast to the other 99%

If you don’t understand the obviously fundamental difference between these two Achvs, then there’s no point in my explaining anything. You’re just being obtuse.

edit: And I just want to point out, I don’t agree it should be REMOVED. That’s not the right solution. It’s not even a solution.

the only difference is that collecting pets is a more fun grind than mindlessly slaving at pvp battles

you were saying that wow isnt the kind of game that has grinds that take years
I simply give you an example of an achievement that will take a new player years to obtain

idk why this is so hard to grasp tbh

edit: to clarify: my initial point was that achievements shouldnt be removed just because someone just like them. that doesnt mean that there’s no room for improvement
having intermediary rewards would obviously make the grind more bearable, but that doesnt take away that you still need 5k wins to reach the end goal

Because, second time now… there is a FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE between the two.

Let’s say it another way: You’re comparing apples to oranges.

WoW has some “apple” grinds that, while unable to complete in a relatively short time frame, are fine.

WoW has some “orange” grinds that, while unable to complete in a relatively short time frame… need some adjustment.

Collecting 1000 pets is an “apple.”

Winning 5k PvP games is an “orange.”

I 100% agree with this.

I probably 80-90% agree with this, but now I’m going to the beach with friends so if you want to discuss those small parts we might have open to discussion, it will have to wait until tomorrow. :wink:

1 Like

the only difference is the nature of the grind, not the duration
your first argument was that grinds of a certain duration dont fit within the wow paradigm, I simply give an example of a grind that also takes ages.

either way, your apple/orange comparison is subjective. there might be people who enjoy pvp battles more than collecting 1000 pets. to them the journey to 5k is funner. which is the core of my point, just because YOU dont like something (very optional), doesnt mean the entire game has to be tailored to you

I mean, I personally dont like pvp battles, but I have no problem with the idea that others might enjoy them and that there is an achievement for them to chase
I can live without the 10 points

idk what you would change that wouldnt simply just reduce the number of games required, so feel free to come up with suggestions
the thing I’d change would be to add intermediary achievements, so its not a grind from 1k to 5k, but with steps in between to make it more manageable (with rewards of course, toys or pets or maybe even xmog, whatever, I’m not picky)

1 Like

Personally, I enjoyed the road to 5k.

1 Like

As I mentioned in the other post, they need to baby step this achievement. 2,000 wins, 3,000 wins, 4,000 wins are all a big enough accomplishments to warrant achievements, and even spice them up with titles, toys, mounts, etc.

5,000 is just way too far out there to keep many players (myself included) interested. Give us some light at the end of the tunnel to keep us interested and grinding. It will definitely help fill up the PVP queue.

1 Like

There are also “What a Long, Strange trip it’s been”
and “You’re going to need a bigger Bag” amongst the long-term meta achievements.

The latter takes so long I’m guessing most players who tried for it still don’t have it.