5k pvp achievement should award a title

Title says it all. It might even get people to pvp pet battle more as they try out the waters to see if they can make it for the title. “Trainer”, at 1k, is already one of the rarest titles in the game. A 5k title makes sense and adds quite a bit of swag and glamour to pvp pet battling.

Make it happen.

6 Likes

“The Very Best”

8 Likes

Nemesis of Newbies ?
Life Needers ?

1 Like

The Very Best for 5k sounds nice.

4 Likes

If we’re contemplating rewards for pet battling, personally, I’d like to see this goofy tabard I’m wearing come in different colors. Not everyone wants to wear earth tones.

The 5,000 win achievement title should be “Thank You Graves”

5 Likes

Graves is for noobs! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It should be a random title, with things like:

“(name) could have learned TWO other languages by now.”

“(name) could have learned to play a musical instrument in that time.”

“(name) could have advanced their professional career.”

…stuff like that…

2 Likes

Nah. You’re talking about… I dunno… say someone who has more than 22k ach points. 5k pet battles is nothing next to that.

I wanted that Stunted Direhorn so decided hey, let’s just knock out 250 pet PvP’s. This while Graves was so ridiculously OP. Found out this is gonna take a while, especially since I wasn’t into HotS.

Put together a team of Undeads with weird icons, maybe Voodoo Hatchling, Stinkrot, and Grotesque and renamed them all “Graves”. Amazing how many opponents forfeited immediately.

Now that I have my Direhorn will mercifully never have to pet PvP again.

4 Likes

You didn’t quote or tag me, so I don’t know if you meant that against me, but since I’m the only person with 22k+ in this thread, it’s a safe bet.

Just fyi, simply logging in and playing the game since Achvs went live got me at least 70% of those Achvs. Just play the game, nothing to it.

I stopped raiding by the end of LK, and so collecting mounts, pets, mogs and Achvs became something to do. And that “something to do” barely amounts to 10 hours PER WEEK. I know plenty of people that play more than that in a day.

And I’m damn sure that getting 5k PvP pet wins would take a greater time investment than my Achv total. I can knock out 2-3 Achv before the queue timer even pops.

I mean seriously-- what IS the time frame for that many wins? 2 years? 3? For as little as I play WoW, it would probably take me 5+, and that’s focusing all my time on it. I consider that a waste. It’s all I can do to keep up with the general story arcs/ keeping my chr sorta close to the current gear-curve.

But hats off to those that work towards it! It certainly takes a long, LONG time.

1 Like

Im still farming Garrs binding, on my pally. so 10 years or so on my horde pally. How about them donuts for a time frame.

it should award a unique mount like a hydra or something that would get more people to pet battle.

2 Likes

You want to reward a mount… for Pet Battles?

ok.

Why not? They give a pet reward for 400 Honor level in PvP.

8 Likes

1> For doing a “random activity”, a reward being a pet OR a mount is fine. Who’s to say one is better than another? For 400 H-Level, you get a pet, but for some of those H-Levels, you get a mount. Same-same as far as I’m concerned.

2> That being said, the overwhelming consensus among players is that if you do a Pet Battle/Pet collecting activity, it should reward A PET. Not a MOUNT. This strikes me as axiomatic, but it’s the internet, so of course people will balk at such an observation.

2a> Similarly, at certain landmark points in collecting mounts, you are awarded MOUNTS… not PETS.

While I’m sure there is crossover, it should be a simple matter to say “your reward for collecting pets is … a pet; your reward for collecting mounts is … a mount.”

Why anyone feels the need to complicate this is beyond me.

Because if you only give pets for pet battle stuff and PVP rewards for PVP stuff, you create silos. Groups where everyone keeps to themselves and don’t interact with one another.

By creating a reward that another group may be interested in, you encourage them to step outside their bubble and experience a part of the game they otherwise wouldn’t.

It’s part of community building, which players in this game stubbornly chafe at.

5 Likes

In general, I would agree with your post. I would use your assertion as to why you get a Battle Pet as a PvP reward.

But does giving someone a mount as a PB reward, encourage them to start collecting mounts? Or if it’s “agreeably awesome” (black with fire and lots of pointy things), do you put it as a PB reward … so that people are “forced” to try PBs since we know they’re going to want the awesome mount? (eg: all the cross-promotions Blizzard has done with HotS and Hearthstone, etc)

I’m mostly against this. Just as I hate when Blizzard has story arcs, and can’t help but force some stupid PvP element into the PvE story arc. It’s similar to what you’re saying: “try this out!” But it always feels forced. I’m solidly in the camp of “If people want to try PvP, they will. Stop FORCING them to do it.”

You make a good point. But I think only about 10% of me agrees with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think mount rewards should be relative to time invested in a particular achievement. 5k pvp pet battle wins takes a player like me years to achieve. Maybe others can get there faster but I’ve been playing long enough to recall when there were no pets or toys and I’m not even close to 5k. Blizz should reward an ach like this with a best in game reward. If not a mount, at least a free wow token or something motivating folks to play this part of the game more often. Wouldn’t that benefit everyone?

%t the P’s in PVP stands for Pet