Version 8.3.7 Update Notes

Today, we’re applying a small update to World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft Version 8.3.7
Update Notes

• This update contains non-player-facing changes that are required for Shadowlands.
  • The WoW Companion App has been updated with bug fixes and stability improvements.
12 Likes

thx Kaivax :smiley:

2 Likes

“small update” - 8 hours downtime…

You guys do you I respect you all but MAN i was hoping for some AWESOME patchnotes given absurd 8 hour downtime.

15 Likes

8 hour maintenance during mid day for small update lul

8 Likes

one foot into prepatch

2 Likes

might be a “small update” but a BIG technical requirement for shadowlands import.

5 Likes

Part of getting a new expansion and there will be more of them.

It’s funny watching all the people whine though.

13 Likes

[Silly] We can has free stuff for all this downtime? :crazy_face: [/Silly]

2 Likes

They want there employees to have a full work day while they are at home.

1 Like

We pay for this SaaS product. Wanting to be compensated for our inability to use that service isn’t as ‘silly’ as you’d seem to imply.

I’ve played since Vanilla. For those that miss the daylong (sometimes weeklong) issues, remember that we’re nearly 2 decades past all of that. The SaaS market has the ability to deliver nearly 100% uptime now. Blizz apparently does not.

3 Likes

Is this the routine 1 hour down or 8 hours as we were informed? I thought 8 hour down time was tomorrow?

we pay for this SaaS product which the owner has an agreed upon right at time of subscription to disable the service anytime they want without compensation.

6 Likes

Maint says Tuesday 21st 7am(PDT) to 3pm(PDT) pretty sure that is today :wink:

1 Like

Can we have more details on what exactly was changed on back end?

i get that they have to do maintenance. but 8 hours mid day just doesn’t seem like the time chief. try starting it at midnight :wink:

1 Like

Any chance this is gonna be done early? I’m not hating on maintenance I just happened to take today off work to take my dogs to their vet appointment and now I was looking forward to grinding. Might as well go back to work if its gonna take this long.

1 Like

What does that mean exactly?

1 Like

It means they’re building the pipes and roads that will connect us with the shadowlands and pre-patch.

3 Likes

Such as? I’m just curious but I don’t understand how the update process works.