Shadowlands Preview: The Maw

Shadowlands Preview: The Maw

The Maw is a tumultuous, hopeless land where the vilest souls in the cosmos are imprisoned forever. Should the ancient evil chained here break free, all of reality will be consumed.

View Full Article

7 Likes

How much terror can a Terragrue brew if the trepidation of Torghast lies all around you?

A lot.

Unless he’s turned into a chair and thrown into the void by a Warrior with the Fist of Ogundimu anima power.

1 Like

or if you have the no CD blink power + a mirror image spawning when you blink :laughing:

So do you “bank” stygia in some safe place or will it always be at risk until spent?

The Burning Stygia section of the charted “enemies” overview seems to have a description of another race slapped into it at the beginning of the text. May want to fix.

edit: here’s how it reads, verbatim copied from the page:

2 Likes

Damn, this place looks awesome. Love the enemy designs.

2 Likes

This is probably the zone I’m most excited for! It looks incredible, and the feeling of being in constant danger is gonna be super immersive!

1 Like

It’s been awhile since a zone was actually threatening and generally hostile to the player by its very nature. The last one I can think of is Icecrown, and even that had little pockets of safety. Almost fitting, I suppose.

So in the Maw, at five stars, they start sending tanks after you?

1 Like

Really love all these updates/blogs you guys are pushing out. Keep it up :blue_heart:

Whatever Ve’nari is, is awesome. Love their design so much.

1 Like

Looks great and all, but level squish kills the hole point of the new expansion. Don’t make it a thing please.

Oh good a nice winter vacation destination!

1 Like

L1, L2, R1, R2, ↑, ↓, ←, →, L1, L2, R1, R2, ↑, ↓, ←, →

Alright, time to jet. They can’t get us while we’re flying.

Good, free tank!

So are the emails that never contain BETA access to 15+ year customers.

I counter your jet with

R2, R2, L1, R2, ←, ↓, →, ↑, ←, ↓, →, ↑

Now where have I heard that before.

Love it, sounds similar to visions but with way more time and a lot of stuff to try do in limited time.

The real question is what do they plan on doing with warmode there since the limited time nature of it can cause issues if killed by a group of enemy players.

More of the same… nothing new next generation consoles are just going to finally kill this game, innovation left blizzard a while ago…

So… its kind of like GTA where if you get 5 stars you’re pretty much dead.

Once you reach Threat Level 5, your life will be siphoned until you fall, and you will not be able to re-enter the Maw again until the next day.

1 Like