The WoW Classic Summer Bowl is Live!

Tune in now for the EU Qualifiers.

Today:

Yesterday:

9 Likes

I unironically want to watch this esport more than the arena stuff.

2 Likes

One of the big complaints about TBC arenas was it was Blizz pushing wow pvp into the esports realm- and now we have Vanilla esports using a function that was never part of Vanilla.

Playing a time limit WSG that doesn’t work how it did in Vanilla.

10 Likes

Thanks for the link.

And keep the instance lock. Its driving the bots crazy.

9 Likes

Why does WSG have a time limit? If you do an AV Classic summer bowl next will it have reinforcements?

3 Likes

Nobody asked for “esports” in Classic… go back to retail with these events…

15 Likes

Revert the change

13 Likes

Oh cool. Are the NA Qualifiers already finished, or are they coming up?

I’m not much for esports, but GOOD LUCK! to everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I want to see a 10 v 10 WSG botting match.

6 Likes

They are stuck in queue due to the botters, wait for an hour or two or wait for addition of layers.

3 Likes

These matches are fun to watch, thanks.

Thanks for sharing this Kaivax! Glad that this was organized, WSG is actually fun to watch.

I was wondering if you had time to write up a reply to some of the complaints that the community has about the 30-resets-per day cap that you recently announced. Are you typing up a response to us while watching the qualifiers? =) Have a good weekend!

3 Likes

Get level 60 then talk.

1 Like

What a joke, do some real work on classic.

3 Likes

Let’s ignore all the problems of the BGs, cherry pick premade vs premade matches (which almost never occur in normal play), and celebrate that. Meanwhile regular players are camped at the graveyard and AV is barely playable for either side. Bots are still rampant, but let’s ignore all the negative backlash from the new pointless instance restriction that does nothing for bots. What happened to “we love classic”?

7 Likes

I would be very interested in watching the WSG tournament, but sadly I have to boycott it due to the instance lockout.

I will gladly watch it if you revert the changes.

10 Likes

Sorry, can’t watch the tournament anymore. Youtube’s only letting me watch 30 videos a day and I went on a binge of Vanilla pvp videos, back when there were more classes than orc warrior and UD mage and servers couldn’t handle large… actually, that part hasn’t changed much.

Y’know what would be neat? If someone brought back Vanilla WoW for a while so we could relive it, warts and all. Ah, but that’ll never happen.

8 Likes

Horde vs Horde matchup. The team starting on the Horde side of the map wins with a 3 cap. Let me act surprised. Why don’t you alternate sides in actual Classic so the Alliance can get a favorable map in BGs once in a while?

Welcome to Vanilla esports! Where we play a BG that we never had in Vanilla (time limit WSG), using a method that was never in Vanilla (wargames), allowing match ups that could never happen in Vanilla (Horde v Horde, AvA), in a tourney that rewards something that was never rewarded in Vanilla (skill) rather than what truly matters (ungodly amounts of time).

I’ll be more interested in this tourney if it uses the actual in game queuing system, the actual BGs, and if the winner is solely chosen based on the honour they accrue over a month, so that it can properly reward teams that play 18+ hours a day.

6 Likes