Opening More Paragon Caches Increases Rank 4 Essence Drop Rate

You know what would go hand-in-hand with this change? The rep buff you turned off last month…

Or, start adding Echoes of Ny’alotha to Paragon caches. You know, the most recent currency you added in a spectularly poorly thought-out way, that we now have to constantly grind as we wait for your vendor to slowly sell us the corruptions we want.

22 Likes

Stop being unrealistic, that’s too good of an incentive.

2 Likes

Still gotta get that mythic azshara and 2400 rating. Tried doing the former on Saturday and good lord. Like herding cats. Barely hit 75% twice. Doesn’t help that we had like 10 people cycle through on all pulls.

I did some testing on the ptr for when I wasn’t getting my unbound force a few months ago. It was close to 10% (can’t remember how many trials). And then recently I tested again with 50 trials for uldum accord. Got an 8% drop chance. Pet and essence were independent rolls. I would just say just expect 8%. Unsure of how chance works for multiple specs. But I do think loot spec does have an affect on what rank 4 you get if there are multiple.

They are flying by the seat of their pants. But hey, at least they’re adding features and bad luck protection that should be there at the start…

The Paragon caches opened in the past will retroactively count towards increasing the Rank 4 Essence drop rate of your future caches. The odds will eventually reach 100%. :smiley:

5 Likes

if you’re missing those two only congratulations you won against their RNG system and on the dedication for it.

yeah I know that feel, cycling through people on progression fights is the worst.

any numbers? %?
like if I open a cache how much % it will increase? 5-10?

Lets add changes that actually matter like Essences being account wide, Corruptions being available all of the time, More Echoes so alts can catch up even faster. It’s a chore even now to gear up alts.

Let’s not forget the most important change to fight for currently is making the new covenant abilities a talent tree in Shadowlands.

This needs to change.

2 Likes

You guys sure know how to cater to gamblers. Battle for Slots at it again.

6 Likes

A month after the corruption vendor, here we are with yet another QoL change that should’ve been there since day 1.

Incredible.

Hopefully we don’t have to wait 8 months after 9.0 so the Covenants can actually be a good system that promotes player agency, instead of the current mess.

6 Likes

I still need all 15s (only around halfway done), sort of feel like I flubbed up those 15/16s I was doing with the guild. Raid lead/m+ tank quit, and other tank does gallywix stuff now.

Cool, but when are you removing the indefensibly terrible corruption rotation or improving the cape resistance catch up or dare I suggest better R3 essence catch up?

Get rid of vessels and don’t add a garbage key system to Torghast in SL, TY.

4 Likes

Can we please get this bad luck protection for other paragon rewards? As others have said, it’s not fun farming 10k rep constantly for something with so little chance to drop.
Legion mounts, toys, pets are still so hard to get. I would be so happy if this got implemented for those as well!

12 Likes

Still don’t understand the point of this change. It’s QoL for 6 months? Of course, that’s 6 months of players trying to eek out a paragon cache at a paltry x75 rep per WQ.

You (Blizzard) must know most aren’t going to care at this point, since essences are going to be 100% useless in Shadowlands, and unless you’re holding back a big surprise, the visuals from r4 essences aren’t going to be baked into any of our abilities in Shadowlands.

Players making alts who actually willingly choose to level through BFA aren’t going to take time on their shortened trip to level 50 to get r4 essences in the future, either.

I implore you to scrap the “increased chances of rank 4 essences” and just add Echoes of Ny’alotha to paragons instead. That will at least help players achieve something tangible for the next 6 months.

1 Like

0.1%
0.2%
0.3%
0.4%
0.5%
0.6%
0.7%
0.8%
0.9%
Two and a half years later…
7.4%
7.5%

Yeeeeeaaahhhhh nooo…That seems evil

4 Likes

Can you PLEASE do this for mount drop rates in the rep chests from legion? It’s extremely frustrating farming 10k rep over a week only to get a curious coin and 30g.

It would be nice if the chances increased by even a little each time you opened one because at this point many people including myself have just given up despite spending countless hours farming rep in those zones, even with the rep increase you implemented.

The amount of effort and time required for each chest doesn’t feel rewarding at all, and it would be an encouraging consolation knowing the chances of a drop will be just a little higher in the next chest, rather than just coming away with 30g and outdated currency each week.

Just a suggestion.

13 Likes

Yes ty!! Can we get some type of similar deal with the rng island rank 4 it’s so depressing to do it each week and not get it due to bad rng.

2 Likes

It’s important that everyone understands how serious it is we address this now not after.

1 Like