55 or older?

Me too. I made sure to include my 47 yo ABW on my membership. That got me punched in the arm. Totally worth it.

I would be interested if you end up on Myzrael.

I’m going to make a post in the WoW Classic guilds lfm alliance to chime in on the details and to get the ball rolling. I’ll stop hijacking this post lol! Oh gen x here btw :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

51 here, I remember intelivision on a b&w tv, basicaly a few different versions of pong but called, Jai Lai, tennis. Then my first computer was a commodore vic 20 moon lander was my first game. took forever to load a game on that cassette tape drive. Then towards the end of high school the radio shack TRS-80 came out and started learning on that, dual floppy drives was so much faster!

2 Likes

Michael#12367
71 here. Playing since early 2005 and every expansion since.

1 Like

Good afternoon everyone. I have been working hard forming an Alliance guild on Bloodsail Buccaneers server for the older crowd. I’ve had great response so far and we gotten some really wonderful people…about 40 at the moment. I’m posting here today because I talked to someone who is active on this post who informed me that there was a lot of interest for an Alliance guild for us Veteran gamers.

When I started recruitment I intended for the guild to be a small and tight knit, but there has been an overwhelming response of positivity for this type of guild so I’ve decided to lift that. If you want to play in a Casual, Socially focused environment where you can play what you want, how you want, with a clean guild chat and positive, helpful atmosphere then give Safe Haven a try. This is a casual/social guild. I want to say wholeheartedly that I’m not trying to sabotage any efforts of anyone trying to form an Alliance guild already…I’m just trying to help out and let everyone know that there is a guild that may fit your needs. Please read over the guild recruitment announcement and if you are interested then feel free to contact me on discord. Thank you.

3 Likes

Oh sure now you post for an alliance guild for the older crowd :rofl: I will contact you on discord.

1 Like

I’m sorry :relieved:

I did have my post up almost 20 days though!

1 Like

So glad to see this happening on Bloodsail Buccaneers! RP servers can offer the best of all worlds and a friendly community to boot!

2 Likes

I agree with that!

I am armed with a garden hose, and not afraid to use it!!!

55, survived two strokes. My left arm is not on full speaking terms with the rest of me (so no more tanking for me!), but otherwise I’m fine.

1 Like

71 and spouse (64). Bought original WoW as Christmas present to ourselves in 2004. Although have bought all the expansions. Begin to lose interest with WotLK and completely was done with Cataclysm . While I don’t expect to recapture the community of the original game, times and people have changed, do hope that at least the essence will return. We will be on Myzrael and would to be apart of a guild that appreciates older players.

I think based on the above posts there is an alliance guild on Myzrael for older people and there is a guild called Horde Tough on the horde side which already has a bunch of people in your age range.

Was hoping an Alliance version of the “Horde Tough” guild would form on the same Myzrael/PVE PST server. My wife and I (48 and 52) imagined this being a good fit and a group of people we could enjoy playing with.

If one has been made I’ve not been able to find it…

1 Like

Horde Tough is not taking new players right now but we will open our doors after release. You can contact Hayz, Rednaxe or Hexik…we will also provide our discord recruitment server info soon. We talked about an alliance sister guild on Myzrael named Alliance Tough but had to put it on the back burner as we just can’t run two guilds right now. Maybe in the future once things settle down.

2 Likes

Lol I just realized we are only 4 days away from release of Classic wow. That is really cool. I didn’t think I would see it before my retirement in 2024.

1 Like

They’re opening “Old Blanchy” server on Monday, along with several others. In case anyone feels like an elder horse :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would actually be funny to have a guild there, it fits :smiley:

2 Likes

I was just thinking that! Then I thought of this thread.

Not yet 55, but I’m working on it.

Now this makes total sense and sort of a secret code for those 50+!!
What an interesting server it would be if everyone the other side of 50 went there. Honestly.
Like rp pvp but not, its its own nifty category without being blatantly obvious.
If youre thinking " Im not an old horse" well, if you read the 50+ thread some say much worse lol. Personally I was pissed when Old Blanchy was killed.
I know its fun playing with the younger kids, still this was amusing idea to throw around.

2 Likes