PvP Tuning Changes for June 9

We’re working on a set of PvP tuning changes that will go live with scheduled weekly maintenance (early on June 9 in this region). This is what we’re currently testing:

Items

• Corrupted Gladiator’s Spite can once again stack more quickly when multiple Corrupted Gladiator’s Spite trinkets are used against a target.
  • Void Portal summoned by Corrupted Gladiator’s Breach is now slightly larger and easier to interact with when there are nearby units.

Corruption Effects

• Versatile’s effectiveness has been reduced by 33% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Azerite Essences

• Reaping Flames (Major – Rank 3) no longer activates on player-controlled targets such as pets, totems, or guardians.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented Conflict and Strife (Major – Rank 2) effect from providing additional defensive benefit from versatility under the effects of certain class stuns.
  • Conflict and Strife now increases the defensive benefit of your Versatility by 50% while stunned (was 100%).

Monk

• Mistweaver
    • Chrysalis (PvP Talent) now reduces the cooldown of Life Cocoon by 25 seconds (was 45 seconds).

As always, we’ll let you know if there are any further changes to be made, or adjustments to those above, and we’ll report the final live changes in our Hotfixes Update.

Thanks!

12 Likes

what a horrible fix

66 Likes

Where are the Warlock nerfs though?

153 Likes

No lock nerfs? LOL.

And nerfing vers too. “Oh no, rogue isn’t as viable anymore! Ahhhh! Quick, someone help!” These devs are disgusting.

108 Likes

You mean you aren’t using LoS on those 0.7 second cast Chaos Bolts?

Chaos Bolt needs a mechanical rework for PvP.

79 Likes

The most broken Spec of all time escapes fixes. Destro is literally destroying all forms of PvP.

98 Likes

thank god

haste here i come

1 Like

How did you not nerf destro honestly tho, im not even mad though cause mw’s are nerfed and i cant actually kill them now.

14 Likes

Thank you for finally doing something about MW

18 Likes

Well, I guess it’s back to stacking Gushing Wound now. What the hell is going on in Blizz’s HQ?

3 Likes

All you boys dropping big on vers amps I’m real sorry lol

13 Likes

A 33% nerf does sound significant. I honestly wish the versatility nerf was only applied to the defensive side, and not a global application of damage and defense.

I personally still like versatility. It’s been my favorite stat in BfA.

2 Likes

Lol they didnt even try.

11 Likes

enjoy mage lock every single game with 70% untouched haste in pvp btw, just solidified the mage lock meta even more

59 Likes

Horrible hotfixes to spite. Let it stay dead dear god

13 Likes

How has this awful downsin company not touched warlock once. Anyone down to start riots to make blizzard nerf locks?

9 Likes

I think the defensive portion of versatility should have been hit for both conflict and regular amounts of versatility honestly, instead of the versatile corruption itself but that’s just me

I think the MW change is nice and conflict bug being fixed too

18 Likes

Arent these changes kinda like indirect buffs to destro locks? I mean half of them didnt run vers to begin with

48 Likes

unfortunately i still think hunters stack versa anyways…

1 Like

are you also a fan of them fixing spite, green name? can we pepper some positivity in there?