Gushing Wound Corruption Effect Reduction

We’re working on a hotfix that will reduce the damage done by the Gushing Wound Corruption Effect by 35%. We expect to make this change with maintenance in each region next week, starting on May 26.

While we tend to only make changes like this in regular balance patch intervals, Gushing Wound is currently the most efficient of all Corruption Effects. When making changes to Corruption Effects, we previously decided to leave it as-is, because there is only one rank available and Gushing Wound is a rare and relatively difficult Corruption to acquire. However, with this week’s updates that make Corruption Effects available from MOTHER, we expect that stacking large amounts of Gushing Wound will be even more efficient than Infinite Stars, which has explicit downsides when multiple targets are present.

We’ll have the change outlined in our Hotfixes Update soon after it goes live next week.

31 Likes

The dreams are dead.

38 Likes

i would just delete the whole corruption system at this point.

183 Likes

Called it. No way that was going to last more than a week.

20 Likes

Why would you reduce the effect by 35%!?
The only content got affected by the imbalance is PVP and should be fix in such a way it won’t affect PVE.
How bout making corruption unable to work in PVP and not nerf the whole Gushing wound to the ground?

48 Likes

YES YES YES YES. The arena community thanks you!!

18 Likes

So you waited till after people bought a bunch of WoW tokens to buy gushing wounds off the AH to stack 8-9 gushing wounds and then you nerfed it.

Q U A L I T Y.

Game recognizes game.

71 Likes

You guys make the best decisions at the best times. Please make sure that this Friday’s MOTHER corruption list doesn’t include GW, so the first time players can buy it for their gear, it’s already nerfed.

11 Likes

That’s what we call a ripperino, friend.

6 Likes

Can we nerf Twilight Devastation as well? I am dead serious.

14 Likes

That would seriously impact mythic raiders trying to get in their daily welfare wins.

3 Likes

Gushing wound ruins pve just as much as pvp. the corruption is absolutely insane, it does more constant damage than stars and it isnt effected by multiple targets. the corruption was balanced by its rarity as ive done every piece of content this game has to offer + mythic raid an not seen a single piece and barely any in our raid team had it either.

2 Likes

No, this was 100% right.

18 Likes

well… that sucks lul

2 Likes

Things like this are why covenants are a balance disaster waiting to happen.

115 Likes

Why are corruptions active in PvP in the first place?

51 Likes

Don’t do this, keep it the way it is and let me have fun please, much appreciated

9 Likes

Continue the nerfs to corruption by removing the system completely.

Problem solved.

47 Likes

Because it is literally the BiS Corruption for every single spec in the game? I’m playing a rogue according to basic Icyvein stuff, and AFAIK a rank 1 Gushing Wound out-sims rank 3 Infinite Star. That’s MORE damage, for 60 LESS Corruption. In what world does that not warrant a nerf?

15 Likes

I’m surprised that anyone is surprised by this.

(puts out a little tray of cookies to help people remain calm)

:cookie:

18 Likes