Portal Rooms

So I seem to recall we were promised new portal rooms at Blizzcon to make finding where we need to go easier. Any news on that or is this just another thing they forgot to add in this patch like the Blood Beast taming tome?

(Btw, wtf do we need 15 letter topic names?)

8 Likes

There seriously does need to be a dedicated portal system for Major Cities.

Like have an area like Oculeth’s Telemancy room in Shal’Aran.

4 Likes

The rooms are coming in 8.1.5 I think

7 Likes

Indeed, the portals in Orgrimmar are scattered all over the place. I’ve found several long term players who had no idea we even had Cataclysm portals.

1 Like

The portal rooms are either coming in 8.1.5 or 8.2, I forget which, but it was said at Blizzcon. It was never planned for 8.1

Yep, this is the answer. They weren’t ready in time for 8.1 so we’ll have to wait a few more weeks.

1 Like

Piffle! So
 I’m just using my mage from my other account and porting my low alts on the other account to each of the harbors and major cities, then flying them around on the X-53 to get all the flight paths in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and then just play the low areas anyhow. I just resurrected (re-subbed for one month ) an account where i have a mage so I could do that. I only play the low areas now anyway. Blizzard/Activision ticked me off when they took Glyph of Nightmare (and about 350 Inscription spells i knew!) away from my Warlock after Pandaria, then I got bored mining in the Garrison, got totally screwed up with changes in Legion, and only upped one of my 3 accounts to BFA to find out it’s only been getting worse and worse since Activision took over and Chris Metzen left. I’ll just play free to play alts up to level 20. I’ll make a few extras on the unsubbed account this month and use the mage to get them access to flight paths and harbors. Dang it, but I miss Cataclysm (or even just Wrath.)

1 Like

They are due soon, but from what I saw on the ptr forum they aren’t very well done. Don’t remember the exact complaints but people weren’t pleased at all.

Edit: horde “portal room is too small” is the title. It is on the ptr GD forum. I can’t post links because I am just not cool enough I suppose

3 Likes

yeah, I’m betting most of the comments bordered closely on the fringes of “acceptable language”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe they’re on the ptr right now, so they’ll likely come with 8.1.5

They’re in the PTR right now. Coming in 8.1.5.

Portals to:

• Ironforge/Thunderbluff
  • Exodar/Silvermoon
  • Shattrath (plus a NPC to teleport to Dark Portal or Hellfire Peninsula)
  • Dalaran (Northrend)
  • Paw’don Village/Honeysomething Village (Pandaria)
  • Ashran
  • Aszuna (Court of Farondis)
  • Boralus/Dazar’alor
4 Likes

Correct!

PTR General Discussion forum here.
PTR Bug Report forum here.

7 Likes

How can they be ‘not well done’? Its a room, with portals. People will literally whine about everything

7 Likes

I know. I try to avoid the ptr forums. They make GD look like the Magic Garden.

1 Like

I’d much prefer a simple waypoint system (ala diablo/argus) or just a teleports tab added to the spellbook.

The problem I have with all this portal business is that it mostly amounts to remembering where all the portals are and putting up with load screens. It’s just not a great experience, but one that everyone deals with every day.

Scattering portals is such a stupid design, glad they are seeing how bad it is.

2 Likes

The problem for me is that we’re losing more portals than we’re getting in the new portal rooms. We’ve already lost all of the ones in Pandaria. With the next update, we’re getting portal rooms but losing all of the portals in Legion Dalaran.

I don’t necessarily mind the concept of portal rooms. What I mind is losing features and functionality that I currently use and enjoy.

25 Likes

Portals and rooms for 200

What is 8.1.5?

Correct!

THIS IS JEOPARDY!!! :brain:

They have also removed quite a few portals from older expansions. For example you can only go to Org , Shat and the old Dal from the Pandaria temple now. Seems petty to me and just another time gate that we didn’t ask for.

16 Likes

Hey Kaivax, do they plan on adding new portal rooms like this for other capitols as well? Such as Ironforge or Silvermoon, etc?

2 Likes