51900319 wow issue is pathetic

came back to WoW after 3 years…can’t play due to WoW issue 51900319…haven’t had 1 day of play without this issue. cant enjoy the time I “PAID” for…please fix it or give me my money back…the issue is not on my end. The large number of players having the same issue is proof. At least give me the time I’ve lost struggling with this horrible issue.

2 Likes

There are a lot of things that can cause disconnects. There are no more player having connection issues then normal.

If you would like help post a WinMTR to start with.
WinMTR

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Extract the contents of the .zip file to your desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder, then open the folder that matches your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) and run WinMTR.exe.
  4. Enter the IP address you want to test in the Host field. Select a game from the dropdown below for a list of IP addresses.
    Note : If multiple IPs are listed, run a WinMTR test for each IP address.
  5. Click Start , then launch the game you’re testing. If no connection issue is found in the first 5 minutes, restart the test.
  6. When a connection error occurs, play for at least 5 more minutes, then click Stop in WinMTR.
  7. Click " Export Text " and save the .txt file to your desktop. Name this file WinMTR.
  8. open the file above select all copy and past to this thread
    The Americas
    137.221.105.2 (US West)
    24.105.62.129 (US Central)
    Oceania
1 Like

If you are on century link they are having issues

1 Like

yeah, the only thing here is that everyone complaining about this error is after 8.1 and the problem have a similar behavior, “choose character and get disconnected at the end of loading screen or disconnect shortly after entering the game”

Which could very well be a addon not working as of 8.1. Malfunctioning addons can cause disconnects. Regardless if they are up to date if they are not meant for 8.1. Had a issue with a chat program actually disconnecting the game. after 8.1. Addons are only allowed to use a finite amount of bandwidth.

Updates to security software could cause issues. windows updates. Issues with ISP’s .

Many times the relationship between connection issues and a patch is just a coincidence.

Been helping on the forums for a very long time. Generally there is a cause besides game server issues. When there is a server issue Blizzard fixes it as soon as possible.

1 Like

wow clean start and the problem persist, so not addons fault.

and many times it is not.

the problem is related with the 8.1 performance improvements that are affecting some PCs.

I’m also getting the disconnect error. Except it’s only effecting only one of my toons. The toon having the issue is in Old Stormwind since she is only 80. All my other toons play fine and am able to go anywhere without getting disconnected.

Sorry forgot to mention that the toon having issues is also on Stormrage server.

a server side issue would see mass numbers of people disconnecting all at once - big threads with hundreds of people. it’s not that it never happens, it just isn’t happening now. thus, if you don’t want to troubleshoot, nobody can help you.

happening to one character like this is very often a UI issue. i would start by doing a UI reset - https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549 - if it doesn’t work, you can name the folders back to restore your UI.

if that doesn’t work, post a winmtr using the instructions above.

1 Like

I already did the troubleshoot, and yes, there is issues that affect only a small percentage of customers, for example, in legion when 7.1.5 arrived the loading times on Dalaran City doubled and it wasnt affecting all players, invisible walls to some players too, and so many others.
Coding have so many details that one minor detail can affect a small percentage of users, but that doesnt mean there is no problem, it is only not that big to solve, every software developer works this way.

I had this issue last night when I was setting sail to a mission island , logged back in and I had reached the island so not sure.

setsuko,

i would suggest posting a winmtr according to northerlite’s instructions above. you can do it here or in your previous thread that didn’t get any responses if you like.

Hey y’all,

A common cause for this error recently has been the Killer software, as it appears to be having conflicts with the new WoW install directory. You can find steps for resolving that issue here.

If you continue to have these errors, or you don’t have Killer software, then it’s likely there is a general connection problem for some reason. Please try that UI reset, and some general steps. If none of that helps, create a new thread with a WinMTR test so we can get this further investigated.

1 Like