50th Level Toon, iLvl 120 Gear

How do I get iLvl 120 gear for my 50th level Horde hunter?
I recently played against a toon with iLvl 120 gear and I can’t tell how to get it from Wowhead.
Thanks

50 level toon with iLvl 120 gear:

They’re wearing endgame pvp/mythic gear from BfA. It’s just a character they played last expansion that they haven’t leveled to 60 yet. Those type of toons will have an advantage over levelers in questing/dungeon gear.

It’s not worth trying to get max gear for that level, just level up to 60 instead.

1 Like

Doesn’t level 51+ require Shadowlands?

Post on the character you wish to upgrade, I can walk you through some steps.
Remaining competitive is very much obtainable, targeting specific slots will speed things up.

50 is its own bracket.

Anyone who didn’t buy SL is stuck in that bracket and can still improve that character by being carried through mythic nya and leveling up the legendary cloak.

1 Like

nobody is clearing mythic nya with a pug but it’s possible to solo 5 mask visions. a few professions can make 120ilvl items also.

1 Like

Yes. There isn’t really a reason to play retail wow without having the current xpac. Retail is centered around endgame content.

But yeah you would just have to do bfa content to gear up like the other posters said if you insist on playing at 50.

1 Like

Oh oh I know this one! Ok, so…

• Crafting for 2 x 125 iLvl gear, plus Engineering for 130 helm or Alch for 125 trinket.
  • Uldum/Pandaria Assaults for 100-115 iLvl gear
  • Check Emissary quests for 100 iLvl gear
  • Max your cloak (155 iLvl) to 15, and do weekly 5, 4, 3 mask Visions for iLvl 125, 120, 115
  • Max your neck 155 iLvl
  • Darkshore Warfront for iLvl 115 gear (120 when maxed out azerite)
  • World Quests for 100 iLvl gear
  • Wrathion Heroic for iLvl 115 trinket (Pugs form surprisingly often)
  • Pay for Mythic Raid Carry (Only available on Horde side I think - very hard to find)
  • iLvl 100-113 Shadowlands greens on AH + a few Mythic 130 BoE’s floating around

you forgot to add in covenants and the shadowlands grind for gear and character trsnsfer but other than that this list is spot on.

I mean not very many twinks are doing that… yet. >_> Just shhh… shhh

Twinking is wholly viable this Xpac, and lvl 20 and 50 are the prime levels to do so.