[NEWS] Shadowlands Preview: Revendreth and the Venthyr Covenant

As you explore four otherworldly zones—Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald, and Revendreth—you will meet the Covenants that rule the afterlife realms in the Shadowlands. Your final destination in the narrative arc is the shadowy realm of Revendreth.

Learn more about Revendreth and the Venthyr Covenant.

11 Likes

I’m really liking the look of Revendreth! The cloth shoulders look a little goofy to me, but literally everything else sounds and looks wonderful.

Excited to explore the Shadowlands!

6 Likes

Sweet that’s my covenant!

Excited to explore the Shadowlands along with you! The leather set for Revendreth is my personal favorite.

6 Likes

Yes! I love the leather set. It’s gonna look awesome on my Demon Hunter for sure!

You made the WoW version of Ravenloft and that excites me.

10 Likes

Venthyr and Revendreth look awesome. Based on what I’ve seen so far I think this will be the Covenant for my main.

Also hope it becomes possible to play a Venthyr down the line :smile:

3 Likes

Ooooh! Can we see the mail set?

1 Like

All souls who are sent to Revendreth receive a Sinstone. Any misdeeds you’ve committed in life are inscribed upon this tombstone along with your true name. Keep its location secret and do what you must to purge any vile thing etched upon it.

I like that. So when do the players get a sin stone and is it rep gated? :thinking:

Please tell me we’re getting one. :grinning:

6 Likes

Pretty sure my sinstone would be the size of Ulduar to hold all mine. ><

9 Likes

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/921053.jpg

These Anima Worldeaters are apparently in Revendreth according to the preview…

I assume these are the pure Anima Elementals and that we will one day get Ardenweald and Bastion Death Elementals eventually…

Hmm. Not entirely thrilled for the cloth armor but eh I’ll live. It looks a tad costumey. Perhaps maybe have something a little more torn / ragged. Something VERY worn in but still with a bit of regal to it. You plate wearers got LUCKY in comparison to cloth lol.

Looking forward still to this. It’s clear the art team did their homework on vampires. This place gives me Vampire Masquerade, Bloodborne vibes. So I’m rather giddy about seeing what you guys do with it aesthetically.

2 Likes

All 3 of the armors shown seem pretty bad to me. Leather looks the least bad, but still bad. I want more sleek, badass, and regal looks. These look garish and campy. It’s great for that sort of stuff to exist as well, but it’s not for me.

3 Likes

So if the player’s get a sin stone, are we going to be pushing a boulder around the zone?

2 Likes

Sucks, because in order to advance in the story, we have to choose an order. The problem for certain players, like me who wear mail, NONE of these order draw me in, because who ever is designing mail armor has been designing normal dungeon quality sets, while other armor sets receive top tier details. For character development, if I was plate, they all seem tempting. I just don’t get it. I really don’t. Mail xmog so bad they don’t even have one available ATM for one of the orders :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:. At this point, may as well have a third party artist for mail design, because I don’t remember the last time we even had something worth wearing :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:. Eyes glowing and one shoulder piece missing on mail Necrolord, and that don’t even look good on ANY RACE :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:. KYRAIN mail got… feather details?.. LMFAO!!! They done displayed plate sets for Shadowlands as their selling point, because they have the best there. Once they release the others they are about 7/10, but mail :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: I’M SO DONE!!! lmfao

2 Likes

hey where are the bat wing transmog… how can you have a vampire style faction with out bat wings!!

3 Likes

" This ancient stronghold houses the Master, his loyalists and—if you listen to the traitorous rebels—something sinister that could shatter societies across the Shadowlands. . ."

AKA the N’aaru being held and tortured in the keeps under the castle lol

“As one of Azeroth’s greatest heroes, it falls to you to SHINE LIGHT upon the truth”

Hmmmm

1 Like

Evil? Maniacal? Depraved? Oh you’ve got this elf’s ears peaked. Especially the stripping of souls of their precious anima. Engorging ourselves upon their sins… Yes please! I think I’ve found my new favorite zone. Please give me the opportunity to strip the souls of our fallen prince Kael’thas of the last bits of his pride and anima. Oh can you imagine his screams of agony and dare I say, joy? wicked grin MY succubi are eager to help in the noble cause of House Revendreth.

I’m so seriously excited for this place and covenant! I just adore the overall feel and aesthetic of it all! Sign me up for the Venthyr!!!

2 Likes