Are you going to try WoW with a controller in shadowlands with the official support?

I know I will, I loved playing FFXIV with controller and if its a similar system to that game’s controller system then WoW will feel great, the only thing that will be weird to use is abilities that require you to target the ground(earthquake, metamorphasis, ect) but they weren’t too hard.

5 Likes

I’m not too familiar with XIV’s macros, or how flexible they are, but in WoW, this could be made a lot easier by having your AoEs cast ‘@target’. (iirc) - In general, I think WoW’s modularity and customization would make it a lot easier to tailor gamepad controls specifically to your preference.

Definitely going to give it a try when it comes out - sometimes, I just want to recline, relax and play.

3 Likes

There are many games that I’ll only play with a controller.

Trying to play this game with a controller would frustrate me to the point that a lot of stuff would end up broken.

Raid healing would be like trying to type something into the search box with a tv remote.

31 Likes

You can do a lot of things. You can drive a car with your feet, if you’re flexible enough. Doesn’t make it a good idea.

16 Likes

I’ll give it a shot, sure. I don’t expect it to be good for any kind of serious play, but questing on the couch with a DualShock controller, 75" TV, and proper sound system sounds amazing.

7 Likes

Thats what tomb raider is for.

No. I’m not crippled, but I’m glad there’s options out there for people. I have a couple guildmates that have been using controller add-ons for a couple expansions now because of medical issues that made mouse and keyboard a poor option.

7 Likes

That’s not exactly the intention here.

For a long time, we’ve seen a small number of players turn to 3rd party addons, such as Console Port, in order to work through certain accessibility issues.

We always want to make WoW more widely accessible, if possible, so in Shadowlands, we’re attempting to add some support for keybinds, camera, and turning a character on controllers such as the Xbox Adaptive Controller.

We’re glad that the community has felt empowered to make addons tailored to specific needs like this, and we’re going to continue to encourage that as best we can.

81 Likes

Why can’t you implement them through the game itself. They seem to be popular enough to do so. And that will limit going into third party software to get them.

Just like coordinates, coordinates are a good thing but I don’t feel I should have to go to a third party website. Sounds sketchy.

It’d be a great addition the the game programming.

Making the game playable on a controller kills any excitement I had for the de-pruning. If they are dumbing down the classes that far, I think we may be getting more of the same garbage.

1 Like

This is awesome. My thanks to the WoW team for putting forth the effort for some 1st party support.

13 Likes

Seems like a good time to get some arena achievements lol.

3 Likes

Nope. Too many buttons for a controller

2 Likes

Watched a holy priest do heroic nyalotha with a controller. I don’t think anything is being dumbed down.

2 Likes

WoW Shadowlands launching on Xbox one and PS4 2020? PLEASE!!!

4 Likes

I’ll definitely try out WoW with a controller to see what its like. It would be nice to be able to sit back and play in a more relaxed state.

2 Likes

At the very least (very least) the rate you can maneuver your character is reduced.

Yeah but they claim to be adding back a lot that was pruned away. I don’t see how you use all of your class’s abilities using an Xbox controller.

I’d like to introduce you to my BM Hunter.

3 Likes

I think that’s the one issue she’s had, but she manages well enough if she can get heroic raiding and high end M+ down, but it’s a lot of work.