49" monitor?

Watched some videos of them. They look really good for split screen use.

I feel like there may be consequences. the UI might not spread that far and you’ll be able to see all the stuff happening in the studio while they’re filming. There’ll be a gnome eating donuts and a troll with a boom mic.

6 Likes

My personal opinion is WoW is too old of a game to really warrant a 49" monitor of that type.

Can it work? Sure.
Will there be some UI issues? I expect so.
But would I buy such a monitor if WoW (or any game this aged) was my primary video gaming experience? No.

But if its your personal preference. Go for it! Just be sure our graphics card and adequately deal with it.

I found this

4 Likes

I would NEVER buy a 49 inch monitor. I went with a ASUS ROG Swift PG248Q 24” G-Sync and 180HZ monitor. Quite expensive, but so worth

The day i game on a TV, is literally never

1 Like

Yes it will stretch, but very few games support it so if you go with that prepare for black bars on most games.

34” 21:9 monitors are the way IMO OP. I cannot go back. Don’t bother with TVs. If you have the $$ and the pc to run it look into a 34” 1440p 144hz monitor

Almost all new games support 21:9. And honestly I’d never go back to normal monitors after using an ultrawide.

2 Likes

This will cost about $1000 easily. And honestly, not even worth

Well to you maybe. i wouldnt spend $100 on a anything less than a 27" but to each their own. To me it was worth every cent which is also why i said

Quality comes at a cost

2 Likes

I mean… my monitor was around $400. Has G-sync and 180hz. All i really need

That seems unnecessary.

It’s all personal preference but I think I’d go for pixel density or framerate over super-ultra-mega-widescreen. Higher pixel density gives more crisp and clear everything without antialiasing, and higher frame rate just feels amazing.

Of course the ideal screen would be ultra-wide hidpi 144hz, but such a thing doesn’t exist and even if it did, it’d be insanely expensive and require a stupidly powerful PC to drive.

I plugged my laptop into my projector a few times to get a 100 inch screen. No problems at all.

1 Like

Glad that suits you. I prefer UWs since they offer more real estate. Theres plenty of 100-120 hz option for cheaper that the 144hz. And honestly after 120Hz its all diminishing returns

No it isn’t. It depends on how powerful of a GPU you have. Which is why if you don’t have a great one, no reason to get a crazy monitor with high amount of hz

1 Like

In costs it very much is. Youll start paying a premium to gain minor amounts of framerates. 60-120 is a huge jump. 120+ is expensive and not as noticeable

at 49" and curved, that’s perfect. I used to own a 40" 4K LCD Samsung display and I loved it, but I wished that it was curved instead.

I play on a 34" ultrawide and honestly I feel like it’s big enough. I wouldn’t want to play on anything bigger. I feel like if my screen was any bigger I wouldn’t be able to focus on the entire thing unless it was set like 4 feet back :stuck_out_tongue:

I have my pc connected to my 55" 4k tv. No problems at all

1 Like

I mean yeah. Going above 180 hz isn’t even worth it.Especially if you’re buying a high hz monitor for wow. Since it doesnt’ do a lot for this type of game