[News] Shadowlands Class Updates

" Blessing of Sacrifice , Hammer of Wrath , Sense Undead , Shield of the Righteous , Turn Evil , and Word of Glory will be available to all Paladins, regardless of their specialization."
Blizzard, these are fantastic! Especially turn evil and sense undead. Thematically they are so fundamental to the paladin fantasy.

23 Likes

Very happy with word of glory and holy power returning for hpal (if wog is instant cast). I’d kill to see guardian of ancient kings return for holy as well though. Easily my favorite ability of all time.

10 Likes

Seems mostly good for my main classes and specs. Kinda worried about Enhance shaman. Feels like it could be good or it could be bad. Also slightly worried about Affliction but we’ll see. Sad to see the doubling down on Roll the Bones but whatevs. At least it’ll be free.

1 Like

THANK YOU BLIZZARD.

Original S2M is back though, not sure how I feel about it.

4 Likes

I skimmed thru and like the incoming changes, a lot.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s mentioned in the Arms section (click on the drawer to view each specialization’s changes):

Cleave (Talent) has been redesigned—after striking three targets with Whirlwind, the Warrior can use Cleave to strike all enemies in front of the Warrior, inflicting Mastery: Deep Wounds —a scaling bleed effect.

3 Likes

Yeah I was hoping to see a return of some nature spells, MoTW, and tranquility (a weaker version ofc) back to all specs.

4 Likes

:Hypersweat: it’s time to bring my spriest back from the shadow realm

3 Likes

Blizzard please consider readding single minded fury. There has to be a way to balance it out. If anything you could allow fury warriors to transmog to 1h weapons at the very least.

35 Likes

This is actually looking great. The GCD worries me (not as a fury warrior, but the general health of the game), but I’m really digging this unpruning. It’s great to see you guys returning to the class philosophy rather than 36 individual specs having their own special things.

Also, would it be possible to have all Artifact abilities to return? They were a lot of fun, and I’d love to see something like Odyn’s Fury return!

4 Likes

I still want hunter as my main, looks good.

Also looking forward playing monk and priest again

So a talent for questing, where it’s use is unquestionably useless?
Case 1: You didn’t enter Voidform and kill a target with SW:D - Insanity is 100% wasted.
Case 2: You entered Voidform and kill a target with SW:D - Insanity is 100% wasted, because you will drop Voidform anyways while running around.

And what is “instantly ready to use on their next enemy” - unless the next target starts in execute range, there’s virtually no use to that part. (unless it’s not an execute spell)

So how is that different from the Live Version aside of giving it an additional Void Eruption damage combination? The talent is not taken on live because a single long duration Voidform has absolutely no damage value, and unless Voidform itself sees significant changes, that will never change.

Seems like 4 years of Voidform and Insanity feedback were completely ignored, and these talent changes just undermine the complete lack of basic understanding of the spec.

Which can be seen by the unpruned abilities consisting of: … ?

13 Likes

The Shaman changes look great. I’m totally into them. Good work!

10 Likes

Please, please, please let the Shaman changes be awesome.

Cant wait for 2hand Frost. So awesome.

5 Likes

go me!
I was hoping they werent going to screw my SV fun over.

12 Likes

Thats how you know they’ll find a way to screw it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

By all accounts, the Gladiator talent was a wildly popular choice for warriors - it allowed for some serious style and flavor, and versatility for when being a tank was not strictly necessary.

Is there a reason for why this was not brought back?

31 Likes

Please give enhancement shamans a 2 Hander option also!!!

35 Likes

Outlaw still uses their guns and dice. Nice.

1 Like

Thanks for the monk changes.

1 Like