According to the Q&A forum feedback isn't listened too?

I know he more then likely didn’t word it right but…It honestly sounds like they only take analysis data into consideration and not their player base…

Which would actually explained a ton about the sate of the current game, class design, and how poor of a state BFA launched…

That Q&A was hard to watch :frowning:

Edit: Well this thread blew up. Also dev response. Thank you :slight_smile:

Edit2: my response to the blue post:

First of all, thank you for taking the time to respond.

My main reason for Posting this was that about a month ago. Blizzard did admit to not having good communication and promised to fix that.

A month rolls around and if anything, its gotten worse not better. Preach even made a video about it just today.

It’s not about what you say or even how you say it. Its about acting on the words you do say.

I say this with tremendous respect but your communication for BFA has been and still is outright horrible.

The community wants to talk to you and engaged with you. We don’t hate you, we hate the lack of… anything that we have seen from not just the top brass but as blizzard as a whole.

We need solid communication again, not only does that help put out fire before they even start. It also shows the community you do actually are reading and addressing issues.

Its not about always having the right answer, its always been about showing us our time and money as well spent.

Example: Removing the Suriken storm passive. Not a word was ever spoken about it. Just, poof gone. The community should be left in the dark about this stuff.

We just want solid communication again :slight_smile: Its the blizzard we love, we want you back

161 Likes

It isn’t bad as long as they don’t miss the reason why something is happening. For example data might suggest people love warfronts. But In reality people do them for easy gear and don’t like them at all.

I remember when I was playing eso the devs saying they were rebalancing buffs people could get from magic stones around. Originally data suggested one was used far and above any other. So obviously it would need a nerf. Since it was so strong so many people were using it. Turned out, no it was horrible. But it was the stone closest to the starting area. So everyone always had that one.

29 Likes

Normally id agree but His answer kinda explained a whole lot as to their choice as of late.

4 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to watch. Easy to play on a forum at work. Watch a video? Not so much. Hope it isn’t to depressing.

I don’t know there are a lot of people that are idiots on here that complain about good things.

Like talent trees and reforging.

The player base QQed so those got removed.

17 Likes

Sadly your Correct

Let’s just say there are twenty topics right now on the front of GD complaining about (fill in your main complaint here). In each of topics, there are at least 50 unique players that agree about the complaints of (fill I your main complaint here).

Surely this seems like a complaint that is common and should be addressed right? Well, in my very exaggerated scenario of a worst case scenario that has never actually happened before, that is 1000 unique players complaining about the same issue. Yea, sure maybe that’s something Blizzard should look into but you do realize 1000 players is 0.1% of 1,000,000 players. Assuming Blizzard is above a million players, that drops it down to less than .1% of the player base.

Then Blizzard goes to the numbers on this fictional complaint. They see that even though less than 0.1% of the population is currently complaining about this topic on the forums, 75% of the player base is participating regularly in this aspect of the game that is being complained about. Most likely, this complaint isn’t that big a deal. Conversely, they look into this complaint and see that this aspect of the game has demonstrated a consistently decreasing trend in participation… well maybe this complaint has merit.

So do you see how data is more important than an overly whiny and negative GD forum?

18 Likes

Would you listen to a forum where everyone basically says the game is trash and they are idiots I wouldn’t so by them not listening to this cesspool is a good thing otherwise the game would really suck.

8 Likes

How can the game get better if theres no real dialogue between game developer and game player? RIP

There should be a team that sifts through the sesspool that is general discussion for the sake of picking out the useful stuff. /moo

I want that job. /dance

18 Likes

There is a team that does that…

4 Likes

Yes. Because it wasn’t like this in TBC ( when I played the most). As much as some people believe it’s true, the forum posters in general aren’t ‘out to make the game fail’.

In TBC , sure you had a few complaints… Mostly about classes being OP (cough resto Druid cough ), but they didn’t complain much, at all, about the game as a whole and how it wasn’t fun. It was more along the lines of "do I play too much ? How can I take a break from the game? "

6 Likes

That team needs to work harder is my estimation. /moo

7 Likes

Horse poop.

There were tons of complaints about dungeons, drop rates of mats, attunement, classes lacking tools(fury warriors not having an agro dump) and the absolutely horrible experience of attuments poaching.

Rose colored glasses. That’s on top of all the trivial stuff that happened every expansion.

5 Likes

Statistics and numbers are great. They are. But not everything can be quantified and made into a graph. Even more concerning: statistics can be manipulated very easily.

Let’s say I made a quest where your toon has to ride to every flight point in all of Azeroth in a day. It is wildly unpopular. So I make that quest a prerequisite to getting flying AND raiding. Poof! Lots of players are doing my long, boring quest, therefore the statistics say it is popular! I look like a good developer.

Statistics don’t tell the whole story. They never have and they never will. Culturally we have this love affair with statistics because we want to make everything simple. We do this with everything! But it doesn’t work. Statistics just can’t account for human experience. Statistics fail when we try to make them the be-all and end-all, and I think Blizzard has really fallen into that trap.

44 Likes

Using simple participation as a metric, along with other similar analytics, can really hide a lot of underlying issues.

I mean, we’ve had things in the past where they touted a high level of “player engagement” with a new feature, but that was only because the feature was essentially mandatory for the expansion (e.g., garrisons in WoD, artifact weapons in Legion, etc.).

Take warfronts for example. Is the fact that most people do it once per cycle really that telling of how fun and compelling players think it is? Or would seeing how many players do it twice or more on a single tune a better metric?

Is doing the island expedition quest to get 40k azerite the best metric? Or how many more times after that quest is turned in that players do additional island expeditions?

/moo :cow:

12 Likes

I guess you’d be surprised just how much we do read and do listen but that doesn’t mean we do knee-jerk reactions to whatever someone says. We do miss things and do make mistakes, we are still human (unfortunately?), but we do try to consider the implications that changes will have for all player types. We, the World of Warcraft community, are a mass of individuals and not a hive mind. :slight_smile:

90 Likes

And yet we now have a hunt ongoing for a “Hive Mind” mount…methinks something is afoot and that Blizz’s endgame is to mind control all the players!

/moo :cow:

5 Likes

What about when a huge part of the community is calling for flying mounts to come back, but blizz says no and then releases a flying mount in the shop?

31 Likes

Wait I thought you at Blizzard were all robots out to conquer Azeroth with your robot brains…mind blown.

Haha like this forum GD is a real hivemind when one gets buzzed they all do.:rofl:

2 Likes

Are you exercising right now? I know most people stretch before they exercise.

5 Likes