Obtaining Rank 3 Essences on Alts

What I hope Blizzard takes away from this is that there are too many ways characters gain power right now.

Once upon a time, it was all about gear. Gear determined your power level. Your alts could acquire gear faster with the help of being run through content by friends, or crafts, or buying it off the auction house. There was a cost, but it could be done quickly.

Then, artifact power was added. It came with a catch-up mechanic, but you still had to do things yourself. You would catch up reasonably quickly so that you weren’t that far behind, but it was another avenue you had to persue.

Now we have three ways. Gear, AP, and essences. Gear is arguably both easier and harder to get than before. AP remains something where you have to play per character. And essences, until now, have required the same path on every character.

While these changes make this third path shorter and simpler, I would hope Blizzard realizes that the root problem is that alts have so many paths they need to accomplish all at once when they hit max level. There is a HUGE amount of room here for professions to be able to provide catchup mechanics that they currently don’t, especially if the number of ways a character gains power gets reduced.

3 Likes

Nice for all the people that have played from 8.2 onward, but sucks for people that just returned. These essence grinds are so off putting when you consider everything else you have to do. Essences arent goals, they are mandatory power spikes you have to have to be competitive.

4 Likes

You got F’d just like many other people. You needed to log onto your main first, then do that.

I think we’re talking about different things.

So where is it? I opened my mythic+ and PVP weekly chests, did the emissary but I got nothing? There’s no quest from MOTHER too?

I think this is a mistake so I’m gonna hold on from doing the assault until I got an answer.

2 Likes

I’ve updated the OP here with this note:

We suggest you log into any characters who have Rank 3 Essences before you complete activities that can be expected to drop Echoes of Ny’alotha.

Cool, now what about people who opened their chests and whatnot first? Hope customer support has been told not to fight people over this.

Edit: f’in LOL

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1239951833482907654

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1239953629945135109

@Kaivax This ain’t it, chief. Legit - what is wrong with the people who run these accounts?

6 Likes

I’m guessing we couldn’t get back those echoes that we missed?

My m+7 chest, PVP chest and today’s Ankoan emissary should gives me a minimum of 365, that’s more than half an essence gone.

2 Likes

Funny way to say require.

9 Likes

So, are we going to receive the echoes we missed out on due to that not being in the original post?

1 Like

Still no reply on what we’re actually asking which is are you going to give us our currency that we earned or just going to tell us ‘better luck next time’ so I know whether to cancel everything or not?

3 Likes

Same, that’s an easy unsub if they don’t give us what we missed out on.

Massive fail by Blizz.

Unbelievable.

4 Likes

So I had logged into my alts before I saw a blue post that says don’t do that. My two main characters did not receive any tokens but my two alts did. All 4 characters finished a + 15 and should have received the same amount of tokens. My two “main” characters have no option to buy anything from Mother. I would like to buy blood of the enemy on my second “main” toon. @blizzard should i be opening a ticket?

2 Likes

This would have been good to know when the post first went live (who goes back and re-reads the same blue post they already read, just in case? Updating it doesn’t help anyone who has already read it), or in a new separate thread before people opened their chests… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I’m just going to say something distasteful here for Taliesin to dub my comment.

This is complete sh@ts&#w I can’t believe this! Jesus blizz!

3 Likes

We suggest you QA things properly or at least communicate things properly… never has there been a resource handed out conditionally on other toons being logged in first.

I rarely get pissed off at this game or problems - they happen - but this really angers me because it was 100% avoidable.

8 Likes

My main has rank 3 essences. Should I open my weekly m+ chest now and expect the currency? I don’t understand

You know, after all these years of the Blizzard Clown Show you’d think I’d know to literally never interact with a new system until a bunch of people have tried it first and figured out how it can screw you.

1 Like

Not really - more like a massive fail on the community to comprehend what Blizzard stated -

“Players who have Rank 3 Azerite Essences on at least one character can now more easily acquire those Essences on other characters on the same account via a new currency: Echoes of Ny’alotha. MOTHER will offer any eligible character a Rank 3 Essence for 500 Echoes of Ny’alotha each. Any player who is eligible to purchase at least one Essence from MOTHER will now receive Echoes of Ny’alotha from a wide range of activities in current content:”

If the character you ran on was not eligible then that is why you did not see any Echoes.