Warsong Gulch not giving rep on lose

Perhaps they it is a change to make it more inline with Vanilla then? I honestly don’t remember if winning/losing gave rep in classic, I didn’t really pay that much attention.

It is quite possible that I am wrong, and will edit if I am.

35 for winning is gone. Always felt the 10 for losing needed an increase for the amount of premade stomps happening.

3 Likes

I thought I remembered losing giving you rep back in the day, since I mostly lost due to all the premades that were in there, and knowing it would take a really painful amount of time to hit exalted with so many losses.

But I live in a legal state, so I admit my memory isn’t what it used to be and could be wrong.

2 Likes

I was always under the impression that the only thing that gave you rep was a flag cap. It seems that there was a consolation 10 rep for losing and a bonus for winning. However, I am not sure if that is true to Vanilla or a Classic oversight…every reputation guide I have found has no mention of it. /shrug.

Like I said, this is something I could be wrong on…or at least in my Mandela Effect
alternate reality it was only flag-caps.

1 Like

looks like the adding of Arathi Basin reverted WSG to an earlier form where yeah, the only way to get rep during the game was to cap a flag. It was a later version (likely the 1.12 that everyone hates) that added the rep of 35 for the win and 10 for the loss.

1 Like

In this case, you’re correct. This WSG reputation at match completion was a recently discovered bug, that did not reflect the behavior in the 1.12 version of the game, so when we discovered it, we fixed it. You are only supposed to get reputation for flag captures.

I apologize that this wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes.

22 Likes

Woah! Are you, like, a real real Dev?

5 Likes

Bob Slydell:
So we just went a ahead and fixed the glitch.

Bill Lumbergh:
Great.

Dom Portwood:
So um, Milton has been let go?

Bob Slydell:
Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the glitch. So he won’t be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.

Bob Porter:
We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end.

18 Likes

You guys let this go on for months and let all the premades hit exalted while pugs still struggle through all the premades. This is a stupid change after months of the 10 rep for losses. I’d understand if it was week 1, but this is months later.

26 Likes

Ok… but of all the things to fix… this is one of them that you picked to work on? LOL

10 Likes

When you wait for AB to release so you can grind WSG rep with less premades vs pug but then they nerf rep gains the day before. Oof.

11 Likes

so , exalted : never

9 Likes

Try winning. That’s how you get rep. Capture some flags. You can do it if you try instead of ghosting.

3 Likes

can you guys be more vocal and talk about the issues of classic? Seriously, why are you so scared of backlash, we would all be WAY more appreciative and secure about this company if you guys would just communicate with your customers.

9 Likes

Wow is this for real? 0 rep for a loss? Honestly, it’s going to take me a good month or so PLUS grinding wsg to get exalted. I was depending on that 10rep on a loss to get exalted since alliance rarely wins wsg with all the premades. Even when its a pug alliance mostly takes a L. Big woop this is stupid.

1 Like

with every game being a premade. how are we supposed to get rep? this move is 3 months too late anyways. should just leave it now honestly. just making the grind more tedious for no reason =/

2 Likes

I think you may be thinking BC era with PVP 2.0 where you got something even if you lost?

I think we have been getting away with a bug this whole time

edit
nm, i see blue post clarifying that we have been getting away with a but the whole time.

1 Like

Don’t mind me…just checking to see how much WSG rep I got from my vanilla character back in the day with 40+ minute queues.

Edit: It’s not loading. Well now I need to figure out if I’m gonna DL 1 GB of retail to check…

Nah.

So, glad Im exalted and don’t have to worry about this mess.

Now, its time for the AB grind. =)

Oh the irony.

You ask them why they dont communicate more while simultaneously jumping down their throat the first chance you get to complain about something off topic

Should the devs just give you their personal phone numbers so you can hit them up with all your petty complaints? Are you gonna blow them up with angry texts if they don’t reply in under 5 minutes?

1 Like