Live Developer Q&A Friday, December 14 – Submit Your Questions

Join us live on Twitch.tv/Warcraft Friday, December 14, at 11:00 a.m. PST, as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A, where he’ll be answering your Tides of Vengeance questions.

You can submit your questions here in this thread or on Twitter by using the hashtag #WarcraftQA.

As a reminder, please keep your questions short (40 words or less) so that we can get to as many questions as possible. We look forward to you joining us live on Friday!

14 Likes

What will you do to change professions to make them worthy of investing again?

148 Likes

For x= 1 to 1,000,000

Print Shaman are broken and unfun, when are you going to fix them?

Next X

55 Likes

Several pages of feedback have been given regarding the changes to Guild Rank Controls and alternatives to the current system. What, if anything, is being considered and are you any closer to resolving this issue?

90 Likes

How are issues of class identity being addressed? I know this isn’t an easy fix with an easy answer, mostly just curious where the team’s had is at with these concerns right now.

Class identity feels very lacking this expansion, the loss of artifacts and class halls being traded out in favor of the fairly generic war campaign doesn’t help. A lot of classes feel too homogenized and samey.

My main is a rogue. I tried ret on this character and have an arcane mage and the classes feel very samey with the combo system. These three classes should feel nothing alike and yet they do. This seems to be an issue with classes as a whole. Most casters seem to be about unloading mana to wait for procs and then spamming your procs, rinse and repeat.

I don’t think all classes are bad. Demon Hunter still feels solid. But my Paladin doesn’t feel like a holy crusader smiting evil, he just kind of feels like a slightly slower rogue with a 2-hander. Arcane Mage kind of feels like a ranged spec for Rogue. Some classes are fine, others just have specs that are underwhelming. This whole idea of splitting classes into specs that are designed as individual classes seems to have been a mistake.

93 Likes

What happened with the class changes for specs that were discussed as being in need of significant work that was too big for a hotfix (IE. Enhancement, Elemental, Shadow, etc)? Lots of the changes look to be simple number-tuning and don’t look like they address the underlying issues that were acknowledged in previous Q&As.

175 Likes

Will Fury Warriors ever be allowed to use/t-mog one handed weapons again?

48 Likes

How can those of us who only PVP work towards earning our optimal (or even preferred) Azerite setup, the way that PVE’ers can?

32 Likes

Are there any thoughts of loosening the PL trade restrictions? Particularly in groups that are 80-100% guild?

52 Likes

For shamans, can we get earthquake to proc the new Talent Surge of Power?

18 Likes

Why nightborne is still lacking in customization?
the model need a improvement please.

86 Likes

When will I be able to progress my professions without doing mythic+ for hydrocores?

27 Likes

The story for the Alliance and Horde shows a clear disconnect with the Horde feeling vastly more explored upon. With the choices between Sylvanas and saurfang clear… the Alliance are doing nothing close to the sort. Tyrande is acting like Jaina did in the Throne of Thunder / Fall of Theramore. Anduin as Varian…

What will we see for the Alliance story rather than repeating Mists of Pandaria again?

69 Likes

Backlash, and subsequent praise at Blizzcon about GCD reversions, still seems extremely one sided. Especially when it comes to non offensive abilities. These abilities were also added after the initial announcement, can you expand on why the team thinks that part of the change is good?

24 Likes

Are you happy with the removal of master loot rules now that we have played under them for a full raid tier? Has it achieved the desired result from a dev perspective?

86 Likes

Is it the 13th or 14th because you guys have 2 diff dates posted

i posted the other pages typing a few replys below one says 13 other 14

5 Likes

Can you help us understand why something that seems like very simple talent tuning has taken so long for Shamans? And also has not happened at all for many other classes that need it?

73 Likes

Class fun and class balance seems to be a major sore spot for this expansion with tides of Vengeance onward are there any plans to improve class fun and class balance

101 Likes

Join us live on Twitch on Friday, December 14 as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A, where he’ll be answering your questions on the latest content update—Tides of Vengeance.

Submit your questions by posting in this forum thread or via Twitter using the hashtag #WarcraftQA.

Are there any plans to reduce trading restrictions for guild groups? I don’t care about Master Loot so much, but it does feel awful to not be able to give an item to my guildmate that I do not want but can not trade for one reason or another.

32 Likes