Hotfixes - Updated October 5

No. don’t listen to this person blizz.
Stick to one Covenant or reroll and start over… I mean they letting you reroll if you don’t like the one you have.
Also. Like 10% players want the meta Covenant. Rest going with looks.

So in one hand you’re spiting the people who will will pick the meta one because it helps their raid team/guild and if you don’t do it what does the other party lose?

Why are you so spiteful? Is this it jealousy?

this is complete crap, seriously every time, you nerf some crap because “tuning” needs to happen because of piss poor testing prior to launch and people farm, spend tons of gold, and tons of time you nerf it and it becomes just literally trash. I have had to change my corruption over and over because of these stupid nerfs. I seriously question my loyalty to this game.

2 Likes

Am I going senile or was there just a hotfix to coalescing visions? (no cap on currency and black empire assaults drop 12500 visions instead of a vessel+2500?)

You better nerf Infite Stars too its still massively better in ST than everything else. Its the last massive outlier from all traits.

The following hotfixes will also be live this week.

Classes

• Hunters can again tame Juggernaut pets within the Siege of Orgrimmar raid instance.

Dungeons and Raids

• Ny’alotha, the Waking City
    • Prophet Skitra
      • [With regional restarts] Prophet Skitra now has 2 intermission phases (was 4 intermission phases) on all difficulties.
        • Prophet Skitra now enters intermission phases at 33% and 66% health (was 20%, 40%, 60% and 80% health).
      • [With regional restarts] Dark Ritual’s debuff effect now increases by 4% per stack (was 2% per stack) on all difficulties.
        • Developers’ note: Especially as raids’ overall damage output increases, many groups are spending a disproportionate amount of time dealing with Skitra’s illusions, and often skipping other mechanics entirely. This change is aimed at making the overall pace of the fight more consistent regardless of raid damage.
    • Ra-den the Despoiled
      • [With regional restarts] Void Collapse cast time increased to 4.5 seconds on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
      • [With regional restarts] Reduced the damage of Void Collapse on all difficulties.
      • [With regional restarts] Void Defilement duration decreased to 6 seconds on Mythic difficulty.
    • N’Zoth the Corruptor
      • [With regional restarts] Azeroth’s Radiance now restores 25 Sanity (was 20 Sanity).
        • Thought Harvester
          • [With regional restarts] Harvest Thoughts Shadow damage reduced by 10%.
          • [With regional restarts] Harvest Thoughts Sanity drain reduced to 300 (was 400).
            • Developers’ note: We’ve seen extensive use of player immunities to avoid the consequences of certain raid mechanics, and while we want to allow player utility to function wherever possible, we’re wary when specific class compositions feel required. The changes to both Ra-den and N’Zoth are intended to make a wider range of raid compositions feel viable on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With regional restarts] Mindgrasp can no longer be interrupted by Priests’ Cosmic Ripple (Talent).

Items and Rewards

• The currency limit for Coalescing Visions has been removed.
    • Developers’ note: Especially since the removal of the unique cap on Vessels, we’ve seen a lot of feedback about the inventory clutter of multiple Vessels. By removing the cap on Coalescing Visions, players should now feel free to buy Vessels from Wrathion as needed, rather than stockpiling them in bags.
  • Cache of the Black Empire will award 12,500 Coalescing Visions instead of a Vessel of Horrific Visions and 2,500 Coalescing Visions.
  • Memory Cube can now only be used in non-instanced areas.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Manifesto of Madness’ on-use effect from working in Mythic and Mythic Keystone Dungeon difficulties.
    • Corrupted Items
      • Twilight Devastation’s effectiveness has been reduced in situations where it strikes more than 5 targets. It has been changed as follows:
        • Deals normal damage on up to 5 targets.
        • Deals 50% reduced damage to targets 6 through 10.
        • Shrinks in radius each time it damages a target above 5, causing it to disappear after hitting 10 targets.
    • Heart of Azeroth
      • The Formless Void’s Rank 3 (Essence) Minor Power should no longer break Rogues out of stealth.
      • Corrected an issue with Memory of Lucid Dreams (Essence) where Frost Mages using Glacial Spike and an instant cast Flurry could sometimes have their icicle buff count and visual display not match.

Player versus Player

• Heart of Azeroth
    • Corrected an issue where Vision of Perfection (Essence) Rank 3 Minor Power’s effect was removed when entering an Arena match.

N’Zoth Assaults

• Added a portal to exit the Pools of Power after defeating Vil’raxx in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Timewalking

• [With regional restarts] Updated player health, damage, and healing scaling to compensate for Azerite Essences and Corruption.
    • Developers’ note: Timewalking is meant to be largely gear-agnostic, allowing players with different progression and even different levels to group together. We’ve generally added hidden modifiers to offset the power of special systems like Legion’s artifact weapons while still allowing them to function, but had not done so for recent Battle for Azeroth systems, causing large imbalances in power between endgame players with Corruption and Essences.
1 Like

the removed cap on coalescing visions is welcome for sure… but you still dont let us stack the ones we currently have.

1 Like

Twilight Devastation’s effectiveness has been reduced in situations where it strikes more than 5 targets. It has been changed as follows:

• Deals normal damage on up to 5 targets.
  • Deals 50% reduced damage to targets 6 through 10.
  • Shrinks in radius each time it damages a target above 5, causing it to disappear after hitting 10 targets.

TD nerf is really upsetting and disappointing guys. Hope there is a corruption reduction for all levels as well. Hopefully they allow us to get back the corruptions we purged off most importantly. The time spent to farm gear with corruption on it and all these nerfs going on is really terrible. It is the end of an expansion. World first has already been completed. High keystones have already been completed. Come on blizzard where what is the mind set of nerfing the corruptions over and over. Why even spend all that time making the system and then nerfing it to the point people even hate it more? I don’t know about everyone else but I don’t play to get gear upgrades that have negative effects I play to get gear upgrades with positive effects to help me progress my character more/easier.

4 Likes

As a Fury warrior I feel personally attacked by this.

Eh, it’s probably warranted but damn, it felt good to keep up on large packs.

2 Likes

Can we add some diversity to horrific visions loot?

I have a question to ask Blizzard: when will you reduce the most unbalanced Corruption: Lash of the Void?
But that it is used by Dh and Rouge so you can’t nerfed, i know.

While I was looking for the vessels to stack I think this change is a lot better. The change is nice and simple with less chance that something else could break (which stacking the vessels could have). Even better on bag space as this is a currency having 100K of them still takes up no bags space :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Good for you.

I am out here trying to ruin their day because of their constant complaints seeded in their min/maxing. They annoy me. They push for changes that annoy me, like the stuff about Covenant skills.

They can go eat a popsicle for all I care. Covenant’ skills should remain bound by it. I want it that way. Makes me feel unique and special, like a pink snowflake.

But you’re not unique at all, you pay the same sub that I pay.

In the category “sub paying” then yes, we are quite similar.

But once the covenants come, I’ll pick one, you may pick another one, lots of people will be different from us, min/maxers will cry at forums and I’ll feel pretty unique. Precious snowflake-ish.

Yeah honestly if they tie abilities to separate covenants, I just won’t be playing.

RNG mind flay tentacle procs that do 50% of your damage in arena isn’t balanced? /s

1 Like

Yeah, I can honestly say that Blizzard hit the nail on the head with this one. Great change. Don’t have to worry about hitting a cap now when completing quests, which I thought I did until I looked. Bag space saved. Good job, Blizz.

1 Like

How about making infinite stars hit training dummies so I can get a more accurate view of my dps?

The OP has been updated with the following hotfixes:

March 5, 2020

Dungeons and Raids

• Ny’alotha, the Waking City
    • Il’gynoth, Corruption Reborn
      • Cursebreak damage within the smallest ring sizes reduced by 30% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Developers’ note: With the following change to Cursebreak, raid groups are far less punished for dispelling the debuff with proper timing.
    • Carapace of N’Zoth
      • Resolved an issue where Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve sometimes attempted to send players to Wrathion twice.

Items and Rewards

• Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve
    • Draconic Empowerment (Rank 12 effect) now grants the wearer 3,648 of their primary stat when triggered (was 3,386).
    • Corrupted Items
      • Fixed an issue that prevented the Gouged Eye of N’Zoth from adding sockets to some raid weapons with a set Corrupted Effect (e.g. Eyestalk of Il’gynoth).
      • Fixed a bug that prevented Ineffable Truth (Corruption Effect) from reducing the cooldown on some abilities that have charges.
        • Demon Hunter: Demon Spikes, Fracture, Throw Glaive
        • Monk: Guard, Healing Sphere, Renewing Mist
        • Mage: Phoenix Flames
        • Warlock: Dark Soul

WoW Classic

• The Item Restoration self-service system now retains information on disposed of Uncommon and Rare quality items for 30 days (was 7 days for Uncommon quality items, 15 days for Rare quality items). This hotfix is not retroactive and will not apply to any items for which the retention period has already expired.