[News] Death Knights for All Races Preview

He does, actually:

“Oh, and the alliance character will need to have done the mechagon intro questline (i believe), so that they can see everything on the island.”

Intro questline, the quest to have access to Mechagon as a place. That is different than the entire Mechagon questline (i.e. the one that culminates in killing King Mechagon, which the prerequisite requires). So, no he doesn’t, actually.

was the female gnome voice improved? The echo is barely perceptible and I wanted her to sound more like Darkrider Arly

Seriously her “WE ARE DONE HERE!” is amazing and wanted that for mine

there one you can that is like them from Return to Karazhan that drops off of Attumen the Huntsman
there is all so a pvp one that is blue that is called Vicious Skeletal Warhorse
so its up to you do the farm for i t but there are the house mans hoses

Aight, glad I left the boat long ago and now I’m in classic, this is the final nail in the coffin. First you destroyed Death Knights expansion by expansion you obliterated all aspects of the class on each of the specs. Just take a look of how much we have lost:

Desecration Proc
Corpse Explosion
Bone Shield (on unholy)
Presences
Rune Types
Anti Magic Shell nerfed to a point that it’s useless even use it vs spellcleaves
Death Grip on the GCD
Hungering Cold
Since we can’t swap weapons in combat anymore you remove the skill of even using the following enchants for certain purposes in pvp combat:
Rune of Spellbreaking
Rune of Stonegargoyle
Gargoyle not baseline wtf?
Scourge strike being noodle strike the moment you make it half physical and half magical, instead of full shadow damage (and this has been for a decade now)
Plague strike removed
Death coil also being noodle coil, literally you break your back to generate runic power just to throw noodles rather than an impactful Death Coil just like Arthas in W3
Unholy Blight removed.

I can keep going but I made this small list just so everyone can see what DK has become to… a garbage class. At this point I would rather never have necrotic strike implemented cause everything went down hill after that.

I will not play DK anymore until Ghostcrawler and Jeff Kaplan are back honestly because clearly your devs team is clueless about DK fantasy and what not. how on earth can you create Pandaren and fox Death knights? what’s next? Gnome druid???, Night elf warlock???, no no no, wait I have a good one UNDEAD PALADIIIIN lets go!!!

All Allied race Death Knights start at level 58.

4 Likes

I figured as much, but it is good to be confirmed - since some were saying it could be otherwise.

Edit PS.: Just realized, 58 instead of 55. Heh. But, that does make sense, with Allied Race DK’s not having the full questing area that regular DK’s have.

There are a couple of bugs with Wraithchill that were present in 8.2.5, and are fixed in Visions of N’Zoth. Looking through them, they appear to be unintended conflicts with other things that made the illusion go away.

Again – fixed with the update coming in 4 days.

1 Like

Hey Kaivax, are we able to unlock Allied Race heritage armor if we level them as a DK? Or do we have to play a class that starts at level 20?

Thanks in advance.

Will you guys be making it possible to illusion bows/guns with Wraithchill?

Having 2/3 of an entire class unable to use an $80 Deluxe Version perk is kinda stupid, to be blunt.

We know that guns/bows can have enchants/illusions on them, as we’ve found a few that can get them on it by swapping weapons with the transmog window open. It’s just you guys having that limitation in place for some reason.

1 Like

Why aren’t allied races getting more skin tone options like the core races?

2 Likes

Yes. From the blog post linked in the OP:

Heritage Armor for Allied Races characters can be obtained by leveling to 110.

2 Likes

ok i love this but i already have a human death knight is there a way to get the archerus deatcharger class mount? do i just create a new allied race dk and get the mount so i can use it on my main? lol please help…

Isn’t the Deathcharger the mount you got during the starting Death Knight quests?

It’s not a new mount. It’s the old res DK horse that you already have if you have a DK.

1 Like

I command you to stop tempting me with Void elf Death Knight.

Yeah… unlock your new Death Knight and level it to 120 so you can not play it like all your other alts without essences!

2 Likes

Spencer’s and Hot Topic had a baby, and it’s horrible.

I am scared, really

1 Like

{Death Grips DK lunch money before stepping through portal} "Ta." :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: