4 piece Brewmaster set - change it please

If you look at all the other tank spec tier bonuses, one or the other adds some sort of damage bonus. With BM monks only receiving defensives, this will definitely make them less competitive in m+. Like others have said, the 4 piece bonus is garbage. If you are playing the class properly, you should have shuffle up all the time anyway, so increasing the duration further is pointless.

Further discussion is definitely needed for BM monks. All tank specs should have a damage increase aspect added to at least one of the tier bonuses. Hoping for some changes before release.

2 Likes

Paladins also get free judgments when they block.

I can’t stop sobbing.

2 Likes

https://www.wowhead.com/news/monk-9-2-tier-set-bonuses-guide-writer-first-impressions-325065

Poor Llarold is just dying on the cross

2 Likes

I loved reading every word of it.

“just to dunk on this tier set’s corpse”

Gold.

But I will continue to enchant my bracers with Intellect. Because I like to feel smart.

(Read the other takes too, agree a lot with the MW review, but the WW review, I think the added depth on the 4pc is exactly what the goal should be for every class/spec – planning and timing out maximizing the potential with TP/FotWT pre-10 to make sure you’re getting all the value on your Chi Spenders and not on a petty Tiger Palm. This is, after all, the pinnacle of the game and a top-tier set should make the gameplay more intricate and demanding to maximize the bonuses.)

1 Like

Just give us one of the tower abilities. There are some good ones there. Like the ones that lets BoK hit multiple times? That would still boost shuffle (pointless but hey) AND damage.

Lots of good, already coded abilities from the tower.

1 Like

e l e t h i u m d i f f u s e r

New in 9.3 (the patch that never was) - Mistweaver Monk gets Corrosive Dosage. Skyrockets to top damage and healing. Brewmaster gets an extra charge of roll and a chance to spawn a Bell Grande Ox Sphere they can step through to heal 25% of their HP.

I feel that would be Blizzard’s response to such an ask – "But, we gave you what you asked for!? "

2 Likes

I think I may go blood dk for 9.2 – unless the tier turns into new hottness.

1 Like

That’s also what I’m thinking. Granted I’ll have to wait till the tier sets go up on the ptr for testing. The blood set bonus could be amazing but there’s a lot of unknowns as how its actually going to work.

2 Likes

Oh boi, blood dk this week also makes me want to stay brew ><!

what are the chances that they will change it? I hope it does not go live as it is now.

Going by their track record on feedback I’d say it’s not looking good.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/class-set-feedback-monk/1143960/17

Looks like they’re changing the 4pc

1 Like

Is this really a change in Blizzard?

I can’t stop pressing my F key, but yet it seems here it is…

1 Like

Very exciting to see they’re listening! I’m hopeful that they’ll bring their bonuses more inline with the rest of the tanks’ tiers.

I was very concerned that this was going to go live and be nearly useless. We should always be excited for tiers.

1 Like

One can only hope, on the other hand if blizzard thought the first 4p bonus was fine initially, that just shows they know absolutely nothing about how the spec works or plays.

Still, they can’t come up with something worse…right?

Summon Ox now does friendly fire damage.

Since monks seem to not like duration increase, duration of stagger has been reduced 3 seconds.

2 Likes

Every single post on the monk MW ptr forum is complaining about the 2pc & 4pc tier set bonus. Who exactly are the Devs listening to? I hope they change it, but given the track records of Blizz and the Devs, I don’t see a single change happening.

I mean, there was a confirmation blue post saying “we’ll go back and redesign this” so that’s… something.

Ion is running simulations nonstop in attempts to decipher the algorithmic stat weight of what we humans call “fun” and “interesting.”

2 Likes