3D Accelerator Not Supported

NVIDIA GeForce 780M 4gb is on approved list. Mac OS updated last night and now can not launch the game. Was able to login yesterday with no issue. Help? (New to Mac so simplest troubleshooting help will be appreciated)

I’ve seen other reports of the most recent Mac OS update (12.5) breaking support for nVidia Kepler GPUs (which would include the 780M). There doesn’t seem to be a workaround, you’ll have to wait for a fix from Apple.

I would back up your data and downgrade to an older version of macOS 12. If you still have the original installer you can do so, but if not you’re stuck with the latest installer (unless you’re part of the Apple Developer Program, which lets you access previous installers).

Protip: Always, always make a backup of the OS installer before using it since under normal circumstances it deletes itself once it’s done the install unless you used it from a USB stick that was used to create a bootable installer.

I’m under the impression that the last computer Apple shipped a 780M on was as a BTO option for the late 2013 27" iMac (and maybe some 2013 Macbook Pros). The last version of macOS supported on that model was 10.15. You can install later versions unofficially but is a fix from Apple realistic here?

I think the last Mac of any kind to ship with an nVidia GPU was the 2014 15" MacBook Pro which had a 750M GPU - that was also a Kepler chip. But that’s still too old to make the official cutoff for Mac OS 12, so you may be right.

What version of macOS are you using?