-Windows 10 pro 64 bit
-Optiplex 790
-Intel® Core™ i5-2500 CPU @3.30 GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
-4GB RAM
-DirectX 12
-Intel® HD graphics
-1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) - Dell P2212H
-128 SSD

I know my pc is really ancient and for office use only, but i have been running in low setting in bfa, and I was all good untill the prepatch came and I cannot even open the game, can’t even see login screen.
I keep getting an error it says, “Your 3D accelerator card doesn’t meet the system requirement” something like that.

I have tried reinstalling the game and battle.net.
I have tried adding d3d12 in the game settings.
My driver is up-to-date.
Performance setting is on High.

Do you guys think I should just wait for the maintenance and official response from Blizzard, since lot of people are having same problem?

OR

Just get a better PC ? My only budget is $660 USD.

That machine is a bit long in the tooth, you may be able to reuse or scavenge components but personally I’d try to pull a little more money together and buy a new machine.

If that’s out of the question, I’d look into a video card upgrade, and probably some RAM as well (you’d have a far better experience with 8GB). Just keep in mind base Dell office desktop power sources aren’t designed for high-end video cards so while there is some flexibility, you’re limited in that regard as well unless you want to replace your power supply.

Try taking it to a local small shop and enquiring, I think it’s doable. I’m running a fairly aged machine myself - albeit with a good video card and scads of RAM.

Hi Greagoir

There is a main thread here:

Saying that - the Optiplex may only require a low power graphics card to get you playing again. The 790 has different form factors. Desktop (standard box) Mini-Tower - Small Form Factor and Ultra Small Form Factor boxes. Which do you have?

Here is the Dell page - with photos of the four boxes.