3d acceleration not working in Classic

Getting error message that WOW can’t enabled 3d acceleration. Running gtx1070 with latest driver. Did complete WOW reset (deleted WTF folder etc)
3d acceleration is working in BFD

20 Likes

Hey, Maritha!

We are getting reports that certain Overlay software is causes this specific error for Classic. Please make sure your Overlay software is disabled, including Discord Overlay. You can find the Overlay setting in the Discord options.

3 Likes

Overlays are off and vsync still wont turn on. Using a 1070ti

Thanks! This fixed my problems with both Retail and Classic.

Worked for me.
thanks

can you guys just update the game so i dont need to disable discords overlay

4 Likes

Yea, that’s great. I actually shut down Discord, changed the video without issue, started up Discord and no problems. I suppose if I tried to change the video again I’d have a problem but I’m ok with knowing that.

it’s mentioning 3D acceleration when I try to switch between fullscreen and windowed modes on the game. great to find I’m not the only one…frustrations are quite high with that piece. going to try the fixes mentioned in here…here’s to hoping that they actually work for me :stuck_out_tongue:

update: jackpot. worked. thanks Ibaraius. props to you.

This worked for me, big thanks! even tho i only closed Discord without doing that, but i manage to change the setting with DIscord completely shut down.

I’ve NEVER used any overlays and still get this problem. I’ve even turned discord off entirely and get it. Hell just to check i turned the overlay ON and tried it. Still crashes. Quit being so dismissive about a kinda major bug in your game.

2 Likes

Shadowplay?