38,388 AP to next neck level: Nuts!

I just dinged 35 on my Heart of Azeroth neck level.

Now, the next level is 38,388 AP away.

And you have taken away the 30% weekly reduction! (And not even in patch notes.)

This is nuts.

Please, the player base begs you, turn back on the 30% weekly reduction to the required AP for the next level.

Please!

This is madness!

Thank you!

Sounds like you are caught up and no longer need a catch up mechanic!

Grats!

20 Likes

Artifact knowledge stopped during Legion at 25 AK and then at 40 AK.

At neck level 35, you have enough levels to unlock all traits on the azerite gear currently available (aka mythic Uldir stuff).

Artifact knowledge is designed as a catch up mechanic. Always was and always will be.

3 Likes

The Azerite Knowledge will return to us on January 22nd.

4 Likes

Thank You.
You should be writing the patch notes!

But we the players want it now!

Why on Earth would we have to suffer for 5 weeks with no buff?

This destroys the value of world quests, weekly Island AP and other things for over a month.

I am hopping mad over this stealth change!

Revert it now, Blizzard!!

It was posted up in the Dev Twitter sticky. You should browse that thread sometime, it has some nice information in it.

And didn’t we have this exact same conversation on the old forums last expansion? About the amount of AP required per level and AK stuffs?
Pretty sure we did.

I’ll say the same thing again though, just go do stuff you want to do and pay no mind to how much it takes to get to the next level. The numbers go up a lot, and it’s not something one should go out of their way to actively farm excessively.

3 Likes

Right when I had hoped we would be free you have come back to us. Welcome back guy thats possibility insane. Also you are free from grinding ap for now be happy

Mine’s level 36. Trying to get to 40 before Dazar’alor raid.

Does no one realize that the op is Rastlin?

1 Like

Who? Never heard of him.

We? Im 34 on my main and i don’t even raid mythic. Sure, the lack of patch note was pretty dumb, but beyond that it’s a minor annoyance at best. Certainly not a slap in the face.

I’ve been staring at the same 30k Level on my main, week after week, since October.

The system just doesn’t feel great.

(Not exact numbers)
Each level increases in cost by ~30%.
Each level is made ~30% faster every reset.
Resulting in a fixed pace of 1 level per week. While the Knowledge system is active.

Level and progress feel completely artificial.
At least in Legion my levels were a fixed size.
Even if effort made earning AP at higher AK levels in Legion was worth more for your time than effort made at lower AK levels… it wasn’t like the BFA system where you are farming the same 200AP WQ’s for the same 30K AP level for the past 4 months in order to unlock a Resounding Protection trait on your shoulders for the 4th time just this raid tier…

Friend, the system just feels awful.
The catch up is far from the worst part of the BFA system. The BFA catch up is just the Legion catch up flipped on its head. This is probably the least problematic change that has been made to the AP system going into BFA. I can even see the positives in it!!! (Though personally I love seeing big numbers)

1 Like

Why grind it? Towards the end of the xpac they will have a short 10 min scenario to do that will max it out.

2 Likes

We do? 10 char

The reason that the Dev gave for stopping this is so that people who do not work for things won’t feel left behind by the people who do the work. Seems silly to me, but we can’t have people crying foul can we.

There’s no point in keeping the catch up mechanism when there’s nothing to catch up to. You can already have access to all traits, the only reason to get AP now is to get a headstart when next tier arrives.

If you feel this makes AP worthless, don’t waste time getting AP. Go do quests for gold, reputation, transmog or whatever interests you have.

1 Like

The fact that there was a 30% weekly reduction was never in the patch notes either but I don’t see anyone kicking up a stink about that.

its content right?neck ap grinding is wow content right?its something to do…right?..lol

Your first mistake is that your bothering with this system. I guess that’s it.

AP sucks.

And life is meaningless we’re all dying in the end.