31 Epic BG loss in a row since classic launched

A strange trend I have noticed since classic launched… literally 31 epic BG loss in a row.

It’s as if most good PvPers on alliance went to classic, and yet most good PvPers on horde stayed on live game.

Actually started counting the losses after 5 in a row. Have been counting for more than a week now. This is from oceanic alliance perspective.

Blizzard please look at why Alliance are losing 100% of Epic battlegrounds (with extra emphasis on Ashran, this has not even been a close fight at all).

On a side note, regular battlegrounds seem pretty much 50/50 and not having any significant win/loss streaks in regular battlegrounds.

3 Likes

It’s the same on NA realms. I’ve spent about 20 hours in Epic BGs this week alone. I haven’t had an Epic win in about 2 weeks. Regular BGs it’s still roughly 50/50.

2 Likes

In General, It does seem that most “rp’er” type of WoW mentality did go to classic. Classic had things they loved like faction specific classes (paladin for alliance, shaman for horde).

I have noticed Horde doing well in BG’s again. And I think the answer is simple.

Alliance LOVE to do dungeon/raids. Because PvP gear is so awful or certain essences locked behind rating requirements, people with PvE gear have FAR surpassed people with just PvP gear.

The BiS gear now for pvp is almost ALL from raids or M+ dungeons. Mainly because a LOT of them offer secondary stats that you just can’t get on PvP now. For instance Geti’ikku, Cut of Death is the BiS for any 2-Hander melee. It just has stats you can’t get anywhere else…even if the item from your pvp is higher ilvl.

Also, ease of getting items is WAY easier in dungeons. You can do one 7+ or higher and get a 425 ilvl item after about 20 mins in a dungeon. That’s NOT including a possible drop off the end chest you might yield either.

Meanwhile, to even get a 415 pvp item, you have to farm out 500 Conquest. Which will take you MINIMUM of 4-5 hours. And that is banking on many factors:

1. You have all PvP queue rewards reset
  2. You happen to be in the right place at the right time and get a supply drop
  3. You happen to not have ever turned in your Epic BG quest for 150 Conquest
  4. You kill a marked assassin
  5. You are logged in during an assault to get your ~50 conquest
  6. You never completed the Mugambala quests to kill opposite faction in a certain zone.

If you had ALL those available AND completed them all, you might be able to get a 415 item in half a days time.

But I digress.

4 Likes

Or you can just do arenas and cap conquest in 2 hours tops.

1 Like

Kinda proved my point. yeah, you COULD arena AND conquest and AT BEST get it done in two hours.

OR

You could have done 6 x 10+ dungeons with gear coming out of that being BiS.

It’s all about efficiency, and getting gear through Arena + Conquest is FAR from efficient.

2 Likes

OR you can do both and profit.

1 Like

Exactly. I do both, but the gear/stats that actually matter are from pve. Better stat itemization, able to target pieces, guaranteed gear, etc.

Feel free to blame me because I main Alliance but PvP against the Alliance. I don’t do hardly anything for the Alliance. Maybe in 9.0 I’d change my mind. Do you think that when battlegrounds of the Shadowlands lie before us, will our faction learn their lesson and not screw over their own?

Up til VERY recently, as horde I was mercing as Alliance ALL THE TIME. On my server, for whatever reason, Horde just love to derp and kill. That might work for the Taren Mill Brawl, or Arenas to a degree, but when it comes to ANY BG’s, Alliance understand objectives.
It got to the point where I could give a rats a55 about faction loyalty, I just wanted my conquest points.
With all that said, Horde seem to have an upper hand lately. My strong belief is that all the “smart alliance” players that know to to get objectives, have went to Classic for a little bit.
I basically now use conquest points for the ilvl so I can get accepted into higher M+'s.

yep, since ashran and all alliance leaves, and intro of classic - I went from winning many epic bg’s on all my toons each week, to only having 1 toon this week that has won 1… 1 out of dozens of epic bg’s… not even worth logging into wow anymore… that’s 20 hours of my week wasted the last couple weeks

Play randoms … as it is the risk of getting Ashran is real demotivating to queue epics even for Horde and any normal human being

i’m into hour 6 on the morning… still no epic bg wins… seems all the good pvp’ers went to classic and we’re left with scrubs that feed in WG, split from group in IOC, want to go galv in AV, etc… 1 win… the entire week, out of all my 13 toons…
I may actually be at the point for the first time in 15 years of actually leaving wow… I suffered through what I thought were bad expacs before… i’m debating on if this one actually broke me lol.
6 hours of my Saturday i’m not getting back…

1 Like

Welcome to the horde

I envy your apparently unlimited free time

I barely have enough free time to play games. I definitely don’t have enough to do anything that wastes my time ingame. I know you’ve said you don’t play other games but most of us do and we have to split it between all of them.

One of my biggest gripes about BfA is that I constantly find myself spending time ingame for little to no progression obtained. Just a bunch of garbage, repeat slots, or dupes.

1 Like

Well, that’s your problem then. It’s your choice to play other games.

Epic BG’s are for dragon slaying PvE hero’s. If you actually want to PvP like you say, try out a different mode.

“It’s as if most good alliance pvpvers went to classic”

No just literally NO good PvP players play epic bgs for PvP lol…

1 Like

Untrue because a lot of us are working on our rank 3 Blood of the Enemy essence 50k honor grind.

……OR we had two massive exodus’s of alliance players to the horde side BEFORE classic launched, leaving Alliance critically low on players………and now it’s simply gotten worse…

For my part, I won’t be bothering with epics so long a the merc queue remains a thing. There are enough challenges in a match without having Horde players coming to Alliance side to deliberately throw matches for their buddies.

1 Like

80 games won, 3 items recieved. First being a trophy I used to upgrade a ring, then Rmgesus had a good laugh and gave me that same ring twice. And then got the same ring from my box. Yeah such good rewards from pvp.

1 Like

I got quite a few pieces.