Party Sync Preview

Here is a preview for one of the features coming in 8.2.5:

27 Likes

This looks like something a lot of people will get behind, thanks for the preview, Bornakk.

5 Likes

What if… hear me out for a second… what if you don’t have friends?

16 Likes

Maybe you could use this feature to make some? :wink:

3 Likes

It’s definitley an awesome feature. You can go into older raids as well with a group of 5 and it scales all of you down while also allowing you to use older gear and legendaries too.

I’d love to see this feature expanded for raids, would be awesome. I’m definitely glad it’s finally being added to the game in general though.

2 Likes

It’s a way to encourage people to buy into Recruit-A-Friend. If players get rewarded for helping friends level, more will try to recruit.

1 Like

This is awesome! I’ve been waiting for a feature like this so I can tank low level dungeons for guildies/help with group quests. Can’t wait to try it.

1 Like

This is a fantastic idea, I’m very fond of it conceptually. It makes it far easier to bring in new players when you don’t have to level a new character with them that you’ll likely just dump at max level.

2 Likes

So you can choose to sync, it’s not forced onto players. okay then, carry on.

5 Likes

Levels will be scaled down to the cap of the expansion content your lowest-level party member qualifies for. As an example, if your lowest-level player is level 83 your level will be scaled down to level 90. However if they’re level 21, your character will be scaled down to level 60.

How does this impact the party experience for said friend? That’s a rather large level gap and historically hits exp gains pretty hard.

3 Likes

So with that I take it the level scaling ranges of 7.3.5 are in effect? No scaling down to 70 (cause it’s in the 60-80 range) and no 85 (80-90).

Expansion Level
Original WoW Level 60
The Burning Crusade Level 80
Wrath of the Lich King Level 80
Cataclysm Level 90
Mists of Pandaria Level 90
Warlords of Draenor Level 100
Legion Level 110

As outlined in the article.

1 Like

Yeah-- this is fine and dandy until that lvl 21 realizes they can get better XP solo. Really, really hope Blizzard considered this and fixed it where the Low level character isn’t getting penalized for Using this new system with players that are maxed for the content they are trying to complete.

2 Likes

Wait… so my void elf that has been left hanging out in the Eastern Plaguelands waiting for my friend in nursing school to have “free time” can just level on without and party sync later on eh?

FREEDOM!!

1 Like

Now I need to make some friends to level with.
I don’t have many friends in the first place that still are playing the game.

1 Like

It’s a good start, hope you continue to expand on this type of technology.

7 Likes

Can we use this for the old raids? It would be great to be able to put 40-players together for Molten Core runs for the giggles.

Hey, as long as there is a quest for the raid it’s possible.

so it’s pointless before level 60, got it

1 Like

Why doesn’t it just scale you to the exact level of the quest? Doing a quest meant for a level 20 as a level 60 doesn’t seem right.

1 Like