Fix for Repeat Instance Bug Exploit

We’ve recently become aware of a bug that could be exploited to allow instanced encounters to be completed repeatedly. We have developed a fix for the issue, and we are in the process of deploying it worldwide.

Realm restarts are scheduled for 3:00 a.m. PDT (6:00 a.m. EDT) in order to apply this fix.

As soon as possible, we will identify those who knowingly abused this bug in exploitative manner. We will then take appropriate punitive measures.

As a reminder, Blizzard’s End User License Agreement defines cheats as “methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods.”

As always, thank you for your feedback on this matter.

267 Likes

Bans incoming. hopefully. and the exploiters knew what they were doing was wrong and did it anyways…No sympathy from me. You get what’s coming to ya.

268 Likes

Delete their toons, all of them and ban them until layering has been taken out completely. Thats the only fair resolution to this matter.

172 Likes

good to hear

29 Likes

Lovely!

/10 exploits

10 Likes

I look forward to seeing the results of “appropriate punitive measures”.

Thanks, Kaivax!

57 Likes

good

ban them all permanently

93 Likes

Schweet

/10char

4 Likes

fin lol to all the people saying “shizz was literally impossible”

9 Likes

popcorn time

7 Likes

Ban them and rename all the accounts and chars on them “The New England Patriots”

60 Likes

Perma ban would be nice…they are gonna rebuy the game anyway so its easy money for u blizzard :stuck_out_tongue:

52 Likes

I feel attacked.

1 Like

Gonna need some names to believe it.

4 Likes

Just get rid of layering now instead of waiting. Again and again players find ways to exploit it. Time for it to go.

62 Likes

There needs to be some perma bans on this one or I’m out. This one would definitely be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

64 Likes

Trust me, if anyone noteworthy gets punished, you’ll hear about it.

…just not from Blizzard.

20 Likes

Blizz, I don’t often say this but go crazy with the ban hammer.

92 Likes

Thank you, I hope to see justice served against cheaters.

26 Likes