3 Years Ago Blizzard Broke Our Hearts

3 years ago prior to the release of classic, during an AMA on reddit, blizzard told us, “Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don’t want to break any hearts.”

Why was it okay for them to launch TBC with a level boost? Why is it okay that Wrath will launch with one?

After waiting a large number of years for classic, it feels truly terrible to witness it so quickly be bastardized in favor of monetary gains, despite blizzard’s initial assurance that paid boosts would be out of the picture.

My heart is broken.

17 Likes

For people who want to play TBC.

For people who want to play Wrath.

4 Likes

its true u cant play the game without lvl boost i tried it it doesnt work

2 Likes

blizzard also said, we will remove layers and won’t keep them because we wants everyone to play in one world.

@Blizzard’s broken promises.

3 Likes

You can, but not everyone wants to play Vanilla or TBC content to get to their nostalgia trip, which is what Classic is for a lot of people.

Because when they say “Classic” they mean Vanilla only.

To be fair everyone moved to the same servers then demanded smaller queues.

2 Likes

Do you want to know why it wasn’t in keeping with Classic and why it was in keeping with TBC Classic? Simple. Blizzard thought Classic would fail so they were getting free RP and hoping that the people who went back to classic would hate it, but get a taste of WoW again and go to retail. That didn’t happen. Classic was a success so… now boost can come in to make even more money.

Blizzard didn’t break our hearts. I love level boosts and so do many other players. Leveling isn’t the point of the game. End game content is. This game would be dead without level boosts. It all ready has way less players than retail.

Not until tbc lol.

Classic had like 30 active servers…

I’d argue that the meat of Classic IS the leveling journey. Retail is the endgame game.

Level boosts are a nice convenience but something that should’ve never existed in Classic. The dark portal pass was an embarrassing cash grab.

2 Likes

You might be taking WoW too seriously.

2 Likes

Could you point out where they said that boosts were not inline with TBC or WotLK?

Oh wait… they didn’t!

Level a character manually or pay for a boost by a PLAYER with IN GAME currency.

Dark portal pass and bullsh*t like it are a mistake and are the most contributing factor to the botting problem that everyone is complaining about.

Store items should be cosmetic only. Remove paid character boosts.

2 Likes

Even if you are super slow you’ll STILL spend more time doing end game stuff than leveling.

Leveling takes longer in classic, but it’s still and End Game game.

Unfortunately, boosts are here to stay and since blizzard is too lazy to ban gold buyers and bots, boosts are actually a welcome thing. It helps the inflation associated with too much gold being in circulation due to bots overfarming crap.

I think the problem is players are still hoping the re release of classic would bring back original blizzards marketing; “gamers making games for gamers” they literally just wanted a fun game that everyone liked and then it got popular beyond anything they could have imagined.

Now blizzards stance is very clearly “business making a product for consumers”. It’s a subtle change but it has such a bad impact on the games pushed out. I mean check retails last 3 expansions. Check why bots aren’t banned, check why everything bad is still in the game. I would be very curious in the amount of bots subbed compared to actual players. I would guess something like 20-80 area. Wow is now a money maker and it’s no longer a game like it was back in 2009 or whenever tbc was out.

It’s just the damned if you do damned if you don’t situation. Of course the right thing to do is ban botters and gold buyers. But if bots get banned, then gold buyers quit cause they can’t just raid log with max consumes, then they lose alot of players. Or the leave bots and gold buyers to run rampant and they get the non buyers to quit out of annoyance. Either way they lose a massive amount of sub revenue.

Leveling can be painful when youve done it hundreds of times already.

And here i am again rerolling from scratch for a slightly different character model lol :crazy_face:.

Id totally pay for a boost if it worked on Draenei, not gonna lie.

Because Classic was far more successful than they anticipated and all they see now is $$$$$$.

3 Likes

I dont think it would be dead WO level boost, you would instead see a lot more mage boost services in chat instead, just like in vanilla classic with the mara boosts always in chat.

2 Likes