3 Things I'd like to see for Shadowlands

While I am pumped about the direction Warriors are headed for SL, there are 3 things I would like to see make a return.

• Charge Stun:

Why was this removed? I’d like to see this back on its own DR so it isn’t affected by any other stuns aside from its own. I feel a bit more control in a fight would aid our survivability. Make it a 1.5 sec stun again.

• Rend Baseline:

It was part of our original kit for a very long time. It doesn’t make sense that all of a sudden Warriors have forgotten how to make their opponent bleed. It could be replaced with a much better talent to aid any weakness the class may have.

• Baseline 50% Mortal Strike & the removal of Sharpen Blade:

For a battle hardened tactician I personally think it’s silly to NOT go into battle with an already sharpened weapon. All jokes aside, I think the PvP talent slot would be better used on something other than giving us the functionality that the class has had for quite a while. I also think that while many other classes are starting to gain a Mortal Wounds effect, Warriors being the only class with a 50% would make us unique and give us back something that other classes don’t/haven’t had ever.

With the removal of essences I won’t be able to have Sharpen along with other talents of my choosing thus forcing me to pick Sharpen Blade as opposed to Disarm/Storm of Destruction/etc. I would prefer to have more talent choices than less.

I may have lied about it being 3 things, this one would be a blessing to receive.

• Shockwave:

I miss it, I don’t know why this was made Prot specific or if it was taken away from DPS specs to make DHs Chaos Nova more unique, but it was an ability we had at some point. Having an AoE stun was pretty fun in PvP. Make it replace Storm Bolt or something.

Again I’m happy with the way things are going with Warriors in Shadowlands. These would just be icing on the cake. :grinning:

4 Likes

Yeah, the reason you can’t have most of those is the same answer. “It’s stupid OP in PvP”. Pretty much the long and short of it.

I mean, Charge stun? Really? That was sickeningly broken.

3 Likes

Dunno seemed to work fine when it was there 🤷

It will never be as broken as the things we have right now currently plauging the PvP scene.

2 Likes

I back this post, except for the 50% MS part. That WOULD be broken. You wouldn’t be able to do arenas period unless you had a warrior on your team.

As for the Charge stun, I’d like to either see Shockwave or Storm Bolt baseline, and replace it in the talent tree with a talent that gives a stun effect to Charge.

As much as I’d like the Charge stun to be baseline, I just don’t think they’d go that route.

4 Likes

I’m not sure I agree with this. Wasn’t the 50% MS in before with Arenas as well? Surely it wasn’t as dramatic as this sounds though I’m open to being wrong if all past Arena comps had mandatory Arms Warriors.

Yes this is something I’d be satisfied with as well.

I can dream can’t I :cry:

Debatable. 1.5sec stun on a 20sec CD that shared DR with other stuns. Was a different story when we still had both charge and intercept (which was 3 seconds.) not really the same world today.

Yes it was. You basically couldn’t kill a target in organized PvP without a source of MS.

2 Likes

I want to see return, the crit boost to MS after charging.

3 Likes

I’ll allow there’s some debate, but the debate depends heavily on context. In arena, where stun DR is highly relevant and you’ve got a team to cover for you? Sure, it was maybe good but not too good. In pug battlegrounds where small chaotic engagements are more common? It was painful trying to play against that as a caster with no backup.

But that’s old Warlock habits speaking, and the scars of how brutally oppressive Warriors were in Mists. I’ll fully admit to being a fairly recent convert to Warrior. But I’d still argue that cheap low cooldown stuns are never good for the game.

I knew you were a caster main in disguise :rage:

Nowadays a majority of classes are getting a Mortal Wounds effect, would you think it game breaking to give Warriors their 50% MS back without Sharpen?

2 Likes

Really? You are? I guess you don’t play Fury. Who got 80%+ of it’s self-healing removed and what little sustained damage it had. Not to mention the added nerf to AoE cap.

Because Entrenched in Flame isn’t massively broken right now and one of the reasons Destros are lol-casting Chaos Bolts? I think PvP can survive just fine with Charge-stun.

1 Like

Damn right I don’t.

2 Likes

Arms has absolutely been mandatory in Arena comps for its MS in the past.

4 Likes

I think it would absolutely be game breaking, at least in arenas. And so, since PvP is balanced around 3v3, it’ll never come to pass.

Think of it like this: alot of games see dampening. Hell, in 2v2s if there is a healer in the game you start at 20% dampening. If warriors got 50% MS back, that means that any comp with a warrior automatically starts the other team at 50% dampening, essentially. If the game actually reaches dampening, say 20% which isn’t uncommon, the other team is playing at 70%. In 2s, the other team would start at that 70% mark. It’d be utterly busted and while I’d love to see the pacing of arenas be faster, I don’t think that’s the way to go about it.

Instead, I would rather see our MS effect increased to a modest 30%, up from 25%, and other classes have their MS effects reduced to 20% or 15%, since warriors have always been known as the MS class.

Alas, I don’t see that happening either and maybe it’s a stupid idea, but it’d be a better compromise than having our 50% MS back, because a 50% static MS would be terribly overpowered in the current state of the game and everybody would complain.

And this is coming from someone who’d love to see warriors be disgustingly overpowered again, for the first time since MoP.

3 Likes

Fury is like the only melee spec in the game that is virtually unaffected by the AOE cap due to meat cleaver mechanics. Do you play fury?

I feel like the warrior forum is substantially calmer than the others. I guess warriors are getting a lot of positive changes

I do… and yes Meat Cleaver is back but WW no longer hits all targets only 5, not even the new cap of 8. There’s a lot of other changes in the latests build, but for the most part when it all maths out IMO I have seen more nerfs than buffs to DPS sustainability.

My experience has been that the Warrior forums are filled with MUCH more knowledgeable people willing to instruct us noobs in the class than any other forums I’ve been a part of. There are some really smart peeps here.

2 Likes

Might keep my arms warrior as my main for this reason tbh.

2 Likes

I’ll give you two reasons that doesn’t matter outside of doing retro content.

One is that WW hits like a wet fan. Almost all of Fury’s AoE damage is from the cleaved attacks, not WW itself, so the loss is minimal. Two is that with target caps now being the standard the meta playstyle probably won’t be for mega large pulls anymore. So it doesn’t matter that WW is target capped if good tanks are trying not to pull more than the target cap at once.

4 Likes

Oh noes, a single ability, my weakest one, got target capped. We’re losing 2% dps on packs over 5 targets, whatever shall we do.

And with the new meat cleaver feat, unless DR turns out to be the play, we’re going to be casting those twice as often compared to whirlwind anyway.

4 Likes