3% damage buff for Frost next week

Check it out

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/tuning-adjustments-december-18/48561

8.1 patch notes also states that all Frost Damage increased by 3%.

Does that mean it’ll be 6% next week? Or 8.1’s 3% buff is delayed until next week?

8.1 increased the Frost Aura/template base damage by 3%
In theory, what was 1000 dmg in 8.0 is right now
1000 x (100%+3%)= 1030 dmg.

Next week after an additional 3% buff it will be
1030 x (100%+3%)= 1060.9 dmg.

Effectively a 6.09% increase over 8.0 dmg

BUT

Blizz also reduced damage on significant spells and traits as well. In all likelihood your actual damage output after next week will be the same as it was in 8.0.

Blizzard doesn’t want people resubbing apparently. Still odd how we can chat with out a subscription now.

When did they reduce the damage on spells? I though it was just 10% to comet storm

Blizzard and Frozen Orb was reduced

Were those undocumented nerfs? I didn’t see them in the patch notes. I know Blizzard and Frozen Orb nerfs were on the PTR builds but they didn’t list those nerfs in the live patch notes.

He’s confused. They nerfed the slows on them. So far we’ll have had comet storm nerfed 4% and all other spells got buffed by 6%. You can’t listen to chicken littles.

Blizzard damage reduced
Was [ (14.3% of Spell power) * 8]
now [(12.8% of Spell power) * 8]

Frozen Orb damage reduced
was [20 * (17.3% of Spell power)]
Now: [20 * (15.5% of Spell power)]

Why are those changes not listed in these notes from this website? https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22824892/tides-of-vengeance-update-notes
I’m confused why wowhead would seemingly have more complete information than what’s listed on the official World of Warcraft website. Are you sure that’s not just updated PTR notes and some of those changes didn’t go live?

He is confused. The blizzard and frozen orb nerfs were part of the blenket aoe nerfs to many classes they were originally going to push through but they reverted them and they never made it to live.

Live patch notes are rarely ever accurate.

You can easily see for yourself. Look at your blizzard tooltip ingame and compare it to wowhead and blizzard’s official patch notes. Likewise, frozen orb did get a damage nerf that the official patch notes never mentioned.

I’m happy with this, I’ll take what I can get with frost.

Which is why I get my patchnotes from MMO-C :slight_smile: