2H Weapon on Enh Shaman

I’d like to see this too. They have the technology, it’s not like there aren’t other classes that can dual wield or use a 2H. I’ve wanted this for a long time, but the totem weapon does look really cool. It always felt weird in Legion using Doomhammer as a 1H weapon when Thrall had been toting it around 2H forever.

Isn’t there art of Orgrim where the Doomhammer is a polehammer with a big ol’ spike on top?

Doomhammer has never been consistent in the lore and art. Its been a 1H just as often historically.

The Doomhammer, like the elements, takes many shapes but always smashes just the same. (But big hammers smash “gooder” thus the desire for 2h)

Not really. Put Doomwinds in Lava Lash’s spot, move Lava Lash further down the tree on the right side, put a revamped Rockbiter in Doomwinds’ old spot, bake 2-handed weapon damage into Storm’s Wrath and one-handed damage into Molten Assault. I’d probably just remove Swirling Maelstrom all together… or bake its effects in Icestrike, Hailstorm, and Fire Nova respectively; and then put Fire Nova/Hailstorm in its place. Lava Lash takes Fire Nova/Hailstorm’s old spot, Molten Assault below it, then Hot Hand, then Ashen Catalyst, and Lashing Flames. Since they’ve all been bumped down a spot, have the path to Ascendance be from Ashen Catalyst instead of Lashing Flames.

The only spells you’d be locked to a specific playstyle would be Elemental Blast and Primordial Wave for 2-handers; and then Ascendance and Lava Lash for dual-wielding.

Both playstyles would still have access to Windfury Totem, Crash Lightning, Sundering, Feral Lunge, and Feral Spirits.

In fact, now that I think about it, I’d remove Primordial Wave from the Enhancement tree entirely and replace it with an earth variant of Ascendance that cleaves with earthquakes when using 2-handed weapons. That would give Shamans an Ascendance form for all four elements.

Why on Azeroth would an ele or resto shaman intentionally want to spend time in melee range on any fight unless a specific fight mechanic required it.

That’s like saying “You do know that enhancement shaman can cast lightning bolt at range right?”

fortunately for you shamans cant wield

This ^ … lol

but it’s fine when frost DKs do it?

also shaman can’t use swords.

1 Like