2H Tanks, when did this become a thing?

Always keep a sword and board I lvl Arms lvl 1 to 30 there’s 2 questing zones that offer a main hand and shield quest reward not to mention there is shield drops in almost every dungeon up to 30 no excuse not to carry a main hand and shield

1 Like

Virus wave hit you guys too, eh? Everyone up here is getting sick. I’m uncomfortably waiting my turn…

I’ve avoided the viruses somehow. I think I’m a victim of hay season.

1 Like

my experience as well

only way they will learn.

You will know if they are bad, once they come to the single boss entity and having still the 2h out.

faster clear, more aggro.

in the low level dungeon ( which SM is included in… should be your lvl range). mobs hit for so little going sword and board / deep prot you barely generate enough rage to hold aggro even if the DPS throttle their auto-wanding… so tank instead go 2 hander and cleave the heck out of them.

Stop being a lazy healer and stop QQ’ing cause you actually have to do more than wand 90% of the time.

2 Likes

It’s seldom used because it is not required in classic either. Many people incorrectly assumed that it was.

However, when I did DM on the stress test in a (semi-twinked) all level 15 group, CC was required for sure. If you want the CC+methodical dungeon run, I suggest looking for an underleveled group. You can even advertise it like that: “LFM DM level must be 16-, looking for a challenge!”

I’m sure some people would be interested.

because you stay in a group with them.

As a warrior who both tanks and DPS’s I have 2 reasons for tanking with a 2h.

1. shields don’t make hardly any difference at lower levels. At level 37 I have a shield with ~700 armor and it reduces physical damage taken by 9%ish. So at lower levels the difference is hardly noticeable as far as damage taken.

2. rage generation is based off damage and for some reason is awful at low levels with a 1h. No rage = no sunders = no threat generation, which isn’t a good recipe especially when the game is currently flooded with mongoloid DPS who don’t understand how threat works, and think it’s just like bfa where a tank can auto attack once and hold aggro the entire fight.

I plan on using a shield when tanking after level 40 when it makes more sense to do so in the way of both damage reduction and rage generation leveling out.

Waaaay back in 2006 I thought I could tank without a shield :upside_down_face:

Problem for low level warriors is rage generation. No rage, no moves.

Low level wars dont really a way to just instantly make rage, the only real way is a tick in combat or getting hit.

Since we are not waiting ticks for a full rage bar, being hit is really the only way to go. At low level, rocking a sword and board, you block, parry, etc more than 2H, thus you receive even that much less rage.

Less damage, less rage. Less rage, less moves. Less move, less aggro
Less aggro on a tank…

With what I mention above…this is why lowbies warriors do not like priest bubbles at start of pull. Bubbles absorb, you dont take damage, you dont gen rage.

You CAN tank without a shield, you were right way back then

As a bear, do you want me to fight with one paw tied behind my back? WOULD THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY?? :wink:

My cousin got angry at me, he didn’t say he was at the time. But I just went in there all “alright boys, we got dis”

That would be a fury war using 1 wep. Not really a fair comparison if that’s what you were going for.

lmao not gonna lie though the damage output of a 2h makes you at least 90% more likely to channel your inner leeroy

LETS DO THIS

1 Like

Not making an excuse. I personally have by 2h, and sword and shield. Just speculating why someone might not, esspecially people who are fairly new.

I tank 2h to hold aggro as well as speed up the clear since I’ve specced sweeping strikes. I also let the healer know I’m doing it and that i have sword and board ready for if things aren’t favorable for it, if I’m taking too much from 2h then sword and board will generate enough rage for me to hold aggro. It allows the dps to go a lot harder. I swapped to this style after trying to go prot style for the fun of trying to level that way and finding it didn’t work well in dungeon or even group questing.

Because low level warriors are awful at getting rage

I mean, I also prefer them to have a sword/board but I also prefer them to have aggro from the start and not struggle to pull mobs off DPS because they never got enough rage for a Sunder in the first place.