2H Obliterate - complete the dream Blizz!

I can tell you that one, a player did testing in alpha on a target dummy and thats what they reported had happened. That dw had 85 or something like where 2h only had like 12-30 procs.

12-30 is a pretty large range. That’s a range of 1.0 to 2.5 proc per minute, assuming they were both precisely 12 minutes in length.

Still, as I said, I would expect 2h to have massively lower. In fact, that’s been my point this entire time, having KM as both RPPM and triggering off AA crits simply doesn’t work with the attack speed of a 2hander. They simply cannot crit often enough to reliably avoid hitting the 10s proc attempt interval cap, meaning their observed proc rate will always be massively below what it should be.

And frankly, they could easily fix that simply by making it RPPM on all auto-attacks. Bam, done, DW and 2h will now see similar proc rates.

1 Like

Sorry to give such a large range for 2h I do not remember the orignal number given. I do know She gave the numbers while pointing out why dw is better and will always be better type post.

1 Like

But this is also when alpha first came out and players were at a lvl cap that wasnt the max level.

1 Like

She’s wrong as has been shown repeatedly on the forums, because they don’t actually test any of the things they talk about on the forums in game, and literally just regurgitate stuff they read off of websites.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-death-knight-class-changes/490709/10?u=lach%C3%A1ncla-tichondrius

So I went out on a quest to properly test the PPM vs RPPM. My hypothesis is that if it’s RPPM, the proc rate should scale with time since last proc. If it’s PPM, the time since last proc shouldn’t matter at all. I looked at 10 logs from Shad’har. Considering only critical strike autos, I looked at time since last KM proc and then took the average proc rate aggregated for each second. The earlier scatter point contain many data data points whereas 7+ is roughly 4 or so. I’ve omitted the data where I only had a single event for each second. (9-15 seconds).

There’s a significant correlation between time since last proc and the proc rate (p-value is 0.013). I think this proves that it isn’t a simple PPM.

5 Likes

talk about a wall of text for something simple. For one these percentages can have lucky and unlucky streaks. Like crusader for example, you can get 2, 3, or more just depending on how it rolls.

It really isn’t this complicated. It’s a chance on a chance. If you have say 20% crit, the game does a roll, and if that roll is within a certain numerical value then it’s a crit. It then can roll if that crit will produce a KM proc. The more chances you have per minute increases how many you get.

And if you want to get technical 2h isn’t even 2 procs per minute on alpha. I round just to make it easy for people to understand.

Ppm does not assume it will proc, it rolls to see if it will. Ppm does not have to be off of just autos, a trigger can be applied and it will only roll that percentage if that trigger is met, or in this case an auto crit.

That’s the thing about the ppm system, you can get good or bad rolls. 20% crit doesn’t mean that only 20 out of 100 attacks will crit. It’s a roll based system.

RPPM checks the last attempt and the last proc, if it didn’t know when your last proc was the built in protection wouldn’t work right.

Yea we all know what she is all about. Is why i have her on ignore so i do not have to see the prattle. That being said I will either be maining a paladin or dk this coming xpac. And while I have played with unholy I just love 2h frost hate the dw part. My dk has been Frost for 90% of its life.

While I feel blood had awesome mechanics that make it a very good tank there are some things that kinda have me shying away from Blood. I contiune to see the updates the new patch notes.

And well I am worried about frost in general and more specifically 2h frost.

3 Likes

Even though I test things in game and tell others to do so as well. I don’t know why you guys have this fascination of bashing other players like you do.

Yet you still talk about me, kind of strange isn’t it. So why exactly are you talking about me if you want to ignore me?

You mean proc chance? The rate of procs shouldn’t change in an RPPM system. Like what has been said in the RPPM explanation an RPPM of 1 is 1 proc per minute.

It translates into proc chance yes. When testing with data you infer the proc probability from the proc rate in the data. With RPPM, the proc chance will depend on time since last proc, like the data here shows.

What about the last proc attempt, last proc… unlucky streak prevention?

Or is it ppm like what was being talked about about a year ago and it having a ppm of 4.5. Or from the 8.2 PTR build 30168, said the text was being removed that stated 4.5 procs per minute and it was speculated to be removed because it was confusing people.

If everyone else knew it was PPM in 8.2, why are people now thinking it’s RPPM? It’s not a good system for that type of proc anyways because you aren’t getting a real ppm of 4.5. It’s just not happening.

I’m not sure what you’re saying. I’ve never thought it was PPM. The data I posted clearly shows that it’s not PPM, simple as that.

No, it doesn’t. I mean this is coming for the person who didn’t even know Glacial Advance cd is reduced by haste.

You can clearly see that the proc chance depends on time since last proc. How are you saying that isn’t the case?

Is 2h getting 4.5 procs per minute?

That’s completely unrelated. You can see in the data at it 100% isn’t PPM. If it was PPM, the proc chance with be constant and you wouldn’t have a time dependence.

2H not having 4.5 procs per minute can be explained with an RPPM system.

Is 2h getting 4.5 real procs per minute? If no then where is the unlucky streak protection? If proc chance increases as time goes on then it shouldn’t be getting 1 proc per 30 seconds.

PPM and crits being a trigger for the roll explains it directly.

Weren’t you also the one that said it should be fine and not an issue since km has been normalized with the RPPM system yet here it is 2h being behind, and pretty far behind because the trigger has changed.