2h frost just cosmetic (is WoW still an RPG?)

And I know the reason why 2h frost is pretty much only a cosmetic change, its because they don’t want to deal with the balancing. Its really disappointing to see no difference in damage between 1h and 2h obliterate damage.

I want to take my 2h into bg’s and hit big obliterates again, but that won’t be a thing anymore, it will hit just as hard as a toothpick 1h weapon. Very lame and boring.

(all of this pertains to the shadowlands alpha tuning, things could still change)

I would wait to say this until we get a second pass on classes. There are obvious identifiable issues that need fixing. And we need to keep making a fuss until they do

I don’t know, we kept up a fuss in Legion about the frost artifact passive animation and that never got fixed…

One question is how hard do you want obliterate to hit in pvp? What is considered to be big? 5% health? 10%? Close to 50% at times where you were able to 2-3 shot low armored classes?

And it’s not going to hit as hard as 1 1h weapon. It’s going to hit as hard as both weapons together.

1 Like

Well how obliterate works right now its pretty much a ability used for gaining runic power and does almost no damage.

The way obliterate should be is it should be a hard hitting attack, not a filler spell just for gaining runic power. I don’t know how hard it should exactly hit for, but it defiantly should be hitting harder than it is now.

1 Like

It’s damage has been doubled and a way to bypass armor has also been introduced. So if they didn’t do a level squish, and at around 440 I’ll, obliterate would be doing 40k crits with KM procs. That’s without pillar of frost active or fallen crusader or any trinkets. That basically a TV from a ret pally of around the same ilvl.

The issue is with KM procs at this point as well as the extra runeforge and how that runeforge acts with mastery.

1 Like

Interesting, but it still doesn’t address the issue with obliterate weapon scaling between 1h and 2h weapons.

1h frost should be about fast attacks that don’t hit as hard, while 2h should be about big hits, but not as fast.

1 Like

What issue? You mean this idea that was created in MoP and WoD that only really applies to auto attacks? The only way for this type of playstyle, which didn’t exist before MoP, is for DW to have significantly more resources to use while 2h would have less. The less resources you have the harder the abilities would have to hit to balance out.

The resource system doesn’t lead to this type of design and truthfully never has. MotFW was entirely created to attempt to bridge the gap between DW and 2h.

DW did hit just as hard as 2h. So there really isn’t any issue at all.

2 Likes

Hooray! Exactly what we needed, yet another 2h frost thread. I guess 3 wasn’t enough. Now if we could just start about 10 more so we all just drown in 2h frost threads, all while clapping and repeating “i do believe in 2h frost, i do i do”…

This is fine, MoP frost was the best iteration of the spec, same with unholy as well. Frost having a high resource gain with a faster paced playstyle as 1h, and 2h having a slower harder hitting rotation with less resources available.

3 Likes

MoP was not the best iteration of the spec. When people were asked which expansion they liked the vast majority said Wrath.

I also don’t think people would like to get less resources as 2h, and they would just stack haste so it would feel better and smoother.