2h agility spec or maybe a subtlety rework?

What about a 2h agility talent or spec. Would act like a ninja with a katana. Or maybe, just maybe, rework subtlety to something that revolves around a 2h wep.

Or not, idk, what do you think? Or at the very least a glyph that would allow us to xmog two 1handers into a 2h?

1 Like

possibly, it’s just that not all of the 2h swords in the game will end up fitting the katana like prototype, i feel dual wielding fits the agility based nature of rogues

subtlety is very weak compared to other classes and specs. keep in mind that you have to have the HoA high levels like lvl 60 to unlock all the azerite gear traits. plus the traits are all random. subtlety needs reworking its terrible to play.

Had this exact idea not too long ago! It would help differentiate it from just another daggers spec.

Poisons + Pirates + Polearms? (swords too but you could just mog)

Honestly combining a few elements of sub into sin would make it the wholesome “assassin” metric. That would leave an empty slot for a ninja-esque spec where you could use a long blade and shuriken as primary damage dealing utensils.

My ideal rogue specs:
Outlaw - 1h sword and a pistol
Shadowblade - 2h katana and shuriken
Assassination - Poison poison stab stab

1 Like

It’s definitely a neat idea - though I’m skeptical blizz would be bold enough to actually attempt it. They would more likely build that fantasy into a new class rather than overhaul/remove an existing talent spec from another class.

If they did actually attempt it - I think in order to differentiate the playstyle they could make it a more shuriken based build where most of your core attacks are ranged, but your primary cooldown draws out a katana, dashes to the target and goes nuts in melee range. That could make for some really interesting gameplay.

Now that I think of it, it would be a genji-style gameplay similar to overwatch. But tailored for wow.

I regards to Subtlety. I would say anything is better than what we currently have. However, we are talking about Blizzard.

I think the katana and shuriken should build for each other.

IE:
Mastery: Wraiths Embrace
“X amount of damage done by the katana siphons life and applies DoT, shuriken abilities enhance the power of the next katana ability by X”

The gameplay would be built around kiting with shuriken and landing devastating katana combos. Instead of a stealth mechanic like vanish they would have a cool down called Spectres Wrath where they are half in and half out of reality, allowing for more movement speed and reduced damage. Their damage cool down could be similar in concept, but with a dps increase. (Katana/Shuriken amplifier)

Another ability could be throwing a large shuriken tied to a chain that allows you to fly towards them at high speed for an empowered katana strike.

Another neat idea would be further enhancing their niche for being incredibly dangerous in that empowered katana window. Have a cooldown that looks similar to spriest void form but instead theyre in “Spectres Wrath.” They float above the ground, their katana floats in front of them and has extended range, and a storm of shuriken surrounds them dealing AoE and deflecting a portion of physical damage.