Free Character Moves Now Available in This Region

Update 5:00 p.m. PDT - September 5

We have enabled free character moves for select realms to offer you a way to move your characters from the most high-population realms that have extended queues. In this region, player-characters at any level can now move:

FROM TO
Arugal Felstriker
Faerlina Heartseeker
Stalagg Heartseeker
Herod Earthfury
Skeram Earthfury
Incendius Netherwind
Thalnos Netherwind
Fairbanks Arcanite Reaper
Whitemane Arcanite Reaper
Bigglesworth Anathema
Pagle Windseeker
Grobbulus Deviate Delight

On the realms above, free character moves can be initialized from either the character select screen or the queue screen.

We expect these free character moves to remain open for the realms above through this coming weekend. Please note that restrictions apply:

• A character cannot move if the character:
    • is a guild leader.
    • has active auction listings or bids.
    • has mail.
  • You may be required to change your character’s name once you’ve reached the destination realm.
  • You cannot move a character to a PvP realm where you already have a character belonging to the opposing faction.
  • This is a one-way, irreversible move. Blizzard Customer Support cannot monitor or modify a free character move.

During periods of high usage, free character moves may take up to several hours to complete. This service may be closed at any time, without warning, should a destination realm become full. We strongly encourage players who wish to use this service, especially in coordinated groups, to do so as soon as possible.

Thank you!

27 Likes

Ooooohhh boy. Good luck people!

Cant hit continue at the bottom? What gives?

1 Like

i think the last line will discourage a lot of people from transferring their guilds ? why would you say that lol.

10 Likes

Let’s see if they really move

What are you doing about layer hopping exploiters? Bans please.

26 Likes

Don’t forget. It’s all about your name and your server in the end. Good luck. For some I bid farewell.

Also, thank you for responding to this issue. You guys have been doing a wonderful job.

But please turn your attention to the layer hoppers. This exploitation is serious.

32 Likes

When will all realms be available?

8 Likes

If your realm’s queue is still really long, there’s no need to worry.

If your realm suddenly has no queue, then be a little more cautious.

1 Like

Is nobody moving? Queues still over 7k

1 Like

Last week: Please give me a free transfer of my lvl10 warrior!
This week: I’m not transferring to Earthfury!

24 Likes

Pretty sure 95% of people won’t move… they are in established guilds on Herod and won’t move. Don’t expect queue times to improve much if any.

3 Likes

Then that’s their choice… At least they had a choice… no excuses now.

18 Likes

So what happens if someone has the same name on these two servers going to the new one? Who ever hits transfer first gets the name?

No one is leaving a full server to a server that is going to be a ghost-town. You should have released enough servers for launch, without layering, and then if servers did start to lose population, they could transfer to higher population servers. You guys can’t get out of your own way these days.

12 Likes

Ahhh, you are doing it in small chunks. I wasn’t sure if they would all be up for transfer at once.

Is there any chance we will get a schedule for the different servers or should we just keep checking back? I’m mostly sure I’m ready to hop off Thalnos. I don’t mind the latin community and my 3rd year spanish has been useful in grouping with them but sometimes the language barrier can be a bit much, not to mention the frothing idiots talking politics and complaining about South Americans nonstop.

Thank you guys for offering this. Hopefully it’ll help.

2 Likes

I’m on Grob but I can’t even choose which lower population realm I can go to. Friends and family are on the low server Old Blanchy so I guess I’m sticking to Grob with my 45 rogue.

1 Like

If that’s the case, why aren’t you moving?

This is the problem with free transfers, everyone expects others to leave.

6 Likes