Free Character Moves Coming Soon

We are working to open our Free Character Move service for select WoW Classic realms in the coming days.

When free character moves become available from one of the most highly-populated realms, players will see the option to initialize a free character move on either the character select screen or the queue screen of the realm.

To best prepare, please note that a character cannot move if the character:

• is a guild leader.
  • has active auction listings or bids.
  • has mail.

We will post full details about the realms available and character restrictions when we open the service.

Thank you!

151 Likes

Excellent news, thank you.

15 Likes

Keep up the good work!

8 Likes

Warm thanks, Brave Sir Blue!

6 Likes

Theyā€™re not the only ones who have to live with those choices. The rest of the server is also effected.

8 Likes

You love to see it. I know it wonā€™t be a catch-all solution since most people have to be where the ā€œcool kidsā€ are at, but I hope it gives some more freedom to enjoy the game with less crowds.

9 Likes

I honestly did not expect this.

Everyone whose been asking should be happy about this.

If you guys come to Kromcrush Iā€™ll see you there :raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man:

9 Likes

Givinā€™ in :sob:. Hopefully it doesnā€™t screw those of us on a high pop server during peak times, we are just below the threshold for a queue typically.

Although, this was probably the plan all along. Either way, I hope people are happy now and can just try to enjoy the experience.

8 Likes

Good idea! Very generous! Hope it wont just be the biggest realm and thats it.

11 Likes

Herod or :skull:

13 Likes

Excellent, thank you!

1 Like

Yes!:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

My big question is how unique character names will be handled. If these high-pop realms are given ā€˜first dibsā€™ to a newly created realm - such that new characters cannot be created there by any player until a certain waiting period has finished - so that players can keep the names they reserved, Iā€™m sure more people would be interested in transferring. As it stands, if we can only transfer to servers with players on it already - and thus many favorite names already claimed - that will put a damper on things. Most of my friends and I are against rerolling on another server or even transferring simply because we like the uniqueness of our names and donā€™t want to give that up. I know that I would personally rather wait in queue for a few hours every day for a few weeks than give up on the names I reserved a month ago.

Iā€™m not sure whether other people feel the same way, but these are my $0.02.

10 Likes

Will you be able to move to a different realm ā€œtypeā€ or limited to only the same type of realm? Meaning, if youā€™re on PvP you can only move to PvP or can you move to Normal or other?

I would bet money it is character on the server has priority over character transferring in.

13 Likes

yo we already got qs on peak times, they should go somewhere more low pop

2 Likes

Thank you Blizzard. I know Im as prickly as a cactus but thank you!

but will people use it

6 Likes

Hopefully blizz allows them to xfer to low pop only.

19 Likes